New Excaliburs

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Dale

New Excaliburs

Post by Dale »

I was able to shoot the new Micro 355 and the Bulldog 400. Great balance to both bows. Lots of power, (the Bulldog is overkill) but who wouldn't want that anyway, hehehehe. Both bows do require a good effort to cock. Don't stop part way, or you may have to start over. For hunting they will be great. May be taxing if you want to shoot all afternoon. I really like the Micro 355. Much smaller than my Exomax, but same power. I was thinking of the Matrix 355, but now looking at the Micro 355. The Matrix is easier to cock for sure, but the Micro sure is a nice compact bow. Just my thoughts.
Exomax
Easton 2219 bolts
150 grain Bolt cutters
nchunterkw

Re: New Excaliburs

Post by nchunterkw »

Two season ago I shot a bunch of deer with my Vortex. IN blinds, tree stands, on the grounds. Everything was great. Then I got a Micro. Hunted almost all last year with it and absolutely loved it. I was getting ready for a Bison hunt that was during deer season. So I got the Micro ready for that and carried the Vortex out a few times for deer. That thing is HUGE! How did I ever use this! Once you go Micro......

One other observation is that even though the Micro 335 and Vortex have very similar speeds, the Micro just seems to hit harder. I'm sure it's because the 16" arrows flex less than the 20" arrows at impact, but it is a devastating little bow. It put a 500gr-ish arrow completely through a bison at 30yds. Vortex never did that even with heavier arrows and 2 blade broad heads.

It would be hard for me to be more pleased with that bow...
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><