sproulman

Re: Is This Really Archery Hunting?

Post by sproulman »

flhtcuse wrote:Firearm - includes a device that propels a
projectile by means of an explosion, compressed
gas or spring and includes a rifle,
shotgun, handgun, pellet gun, "BB" gun or spring
gun but does not include a bow.

The BC Hunting Regulation's definition of a firearm is above and the definition for Crossbow and Compound bows specifically use the word STRING. This Benjamin Airbow would be categorized as a firearm and not be eligible for archery seasons and rightfully so in my opinion.
Personally I hope it does not get approved for archery hunting but INTEREST I see at our archery club is just UNREAL..Everyone wants one for archery hunting..

I can only say this,The pa game commission will change rule like you said if one exists..They want more hunters and more MONEY...This could be devastating to CROSSBOW industry in my opinion.....Will it get approved for archery in pa? I bet it will..
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

.....I'm gonna dodge a lot of flak here but, IMHO if this does become legal in TPR of NJ I would agree that it would severely damage the CB industry as we know it UNLESS the CB manufacturers embrace the technology and possibly license it...I for one would probably go over to it, in lieu of the CB....

.....I know some on here say they would not, but lets be realistic, most are constantly searching for simplicity, speed, accuracy, ease in cocking and decocking, lighter weight, smaller design, less room taken in the truck, etc....this "?" surely seems to fit all those bills and more...it comes with the scope....would fit in a traditional gun case...etc...

....the only drawback as I see it is it does not yet come in the tactical Nightmare Black...not yet at least...

.....I know in TPR they are constantly trying to get more people into the hunting experience and again this seems like it would fit the bill...I understand how many feel, I get it...but if we are honest about it....ITS ONLY A MATTER OF TIME!

.....again just my opinion!

Anthony :)
Last edited by amythntr on Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings

Post by newbie »

Really Anthony ill take those Micros at deep deflated price after they decimate the crossbow industry.
:roll:
:mrgreen:
This may appeal to guys looking for the easy way to replace any bow.

This is not a bow or archery in any way shape or form.
If they allow this in any archery season we have way more problems on our hands then you think.

But hey thats my opinion and wtf do i know.

Having said that i do think it may have its place. Punching paper in the backyard.

If you want to gun hunt....... Use a GUN.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

newbie wrote:Really Anthony ill take those Micros at deep deflated price after they decimate the crossbow industry.
:roll:
:mrgreen:
This may appeal to guys looking for the easy way to replace any bow.

This is not a bow in any way shape or form.
If they allow this in any archery season we have way more problems on our hands then you think.
:opps:

But hey thats my opinion and wtf do i know.

Having said that i do think it may have its place. Punching paper in the backyard.

If you want to gun hunt....... Use a GUN.
....time will tell Mike...if history is a good example I think it will become a mainstay in hunting if all appears as is claimed...and for the reasons I have espoused....yea guys/gals will say "no way" but I'm not so sure...remember what Steve Jobs said...you have to make things that people don''t even know they need (want or gotta have) yet....

....I will know more when I come back from the PA show, if they are there and what the excitement level is...

....as far as my CB's go...I have gone on record as saying I will not buy anything else this year in the way of a CB unless I sell 2 of what I have...I still stand by that...something will be showing up in the trading post soon...but with the CDN/US conversion it would be tough for you to get anything reasonable! :mrgreen:

Mike....what are the "way more problems" which you refer to if these "are" allowed...I have heard a similar response down here as it relates to the CB, including allowing them at 3D shoots and have yet to see any of it materialize...I agree this is not a bow in any real sense other than it launches an arrow with a BH on it...at that point does it really differ from any other "archery" implement?...I'm just not sure it really is...

....If I am a betting man, I would put my money on this eventually (within 5 years) being allowed in the archery/gun season in most states...especially if there is a push from the money spending public!....again this is just my opinion!

Last edited by amythntr on Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings

Post by newbie »

You willing to put up bada bing on that bet? I will.
Gun season sure.
Archery no way.
It is a gun in all shape size and form and function.
Thats why we have way more problems if politicians allow this in ARCHERY season.
I could jam an arrow in my 12 gauge should that be allowed in archery?
String.
Oh right it doesnt have one.
Compressed air tanks
Yup has one of them.
Like i said it has its place.
Having archery associated at all with this isn't it.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

....again, we shall see that's as far as I am going with it...as far as putting ....Bada Bing 8) up on the bet...I do not bet family members :lol: :lol: :lol: ...or should I really say, "I just don't want to take easy money from you!" :lol: :lol: ....let's keep our eyes and ears on the pulse of what is happening and let's see how it plays out!

...If there is a real, legitimate reason for keeping it out of a season or not...than that is fine....If it is because of "territory" or to "protect a self interest" the "wall will eventually fall" (ask Berlin)...

....what I think both you and I can and will agree on (in addition to the Nightmare being faster than the camo 335 :mrgreen: ) is that the rapidity of technological change is just an amazing thing.....what I can't wait for is to be "beamed up to the hunting spot" and "beamed back again!" :lol: :lol:

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
DMc

Post by DMc »

sproulman wrote:.....Everyone wants one for archery hunting....This could be devastating to CROSSBOW industry in my opinion.....
Not just damaging to crossbows, it could jeopardize the entire early archery season.

If archers are willing to set aside, hunting with a bow and arrow as defining archery equipment, then you need to explain what does and why does this need an early season.

There are many, many gun hunters that would love to hunt the early season. What will you say to them?

Post by newbie »

Its not about territory or self interest.
Its about classification.
Lets open up archery season to all firearms weapons devices then.
Im not against the thing at all it could be a fu.
Just dont lump it into archery because it shoots arrows.
Me i thought it was loud. To loud to be enjoyable for ME.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

newbie wrote:Its not about territory or self interest.
...again, lets just sit back and see...you might just be right Mike...I am just not in agreement with you...but that is what I like about you! :mrgreen:

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings

Post by newbie »

amythntr wrote:
newbie wrote:Its not about territory or self interest.
...again, lets just sit back and see...you might just be right Mike...I am just not in agreement with you...but that is what I like about you! :mrgreen:

Well Bada Bing is afraid admit it. :lol:
Midge was looking forward to having a partner!
Yes sir we will see!
I know you will have one soon.... Even with your self imposed buying ban.
Yes sir i will agree to disagree with you no problems :wink:
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

I know you will have one soon.... Even with your self imposed buying ban.

....if and only if I sell 2 bows...and you can take that to the "Bank of Canada!" :wink:

....in 2016 I am following the US Republican approach to more spending...I will only spend more if I cut somewhere else...and since I don't drink or eat between meals all that is left is selling stuff I have! :lol: :lol: :shock:

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
DMc

Post by DMc »

amythntr wrote:.....If there is a real, legitimate reason for keeping it out of a season ....
Anthony, if you as an avid bowman can not find a reason to separate this from archery, what are the chances of someone less knowledgeable finding one?

It would be wise to answer this question. If given the opportunity would you leave your bows at home if you could use your favorite firearm in your early season treestand?

For the record, Montana does not include crossbows in their legal definition of archery equipment. It does allow for their use on medical exemption. I have hunted with bow and arrow all my life by choice not because it offers an early season advantage, so this will not affect me.

If however an early season is important to you, think on how you will justify your need for one without using the term, bow and arrow.
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

Should this e become legal in archery season somewhere....can you just imagine all the "brand new to archery" guys who will have one. Guys who have never fired an arrow and have no clue how to make one fly correctly.......trying to put fixed blade broad heads on these arrows going 450fps? I could see a guy who can hit a 4" target at 40yds with a field point missing the whole target...by feet....the first time he puts a fixed blade (especially a cheap, low quality one) on his arrow. How many guys would just screw them on and go hunting? :shock:
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

DMc wrote:
amythntr wrote:.....If there is a real, legitimate reason for keeping it out of a season ....
Anthony, if you as an avid bowman can not find a reason to separate this from archery, what are the chances of someone less knowledgeable finding one?

It would be wise to answer this question. If given the opportunity would you leave your bows at home if you could use your favorite firearm in your early season treestand?

For the record, Montana does not include crossbows in their legal definition of archery equipment. It does allow for their use on medical exemption. I have hunted with bow and arrow all my life by choice not because it offers an early season advantage, so this will not affect me.

If however an early season is important to you, think on how you will justify your need for one without using the term, bow and arrow.
DMc...I really am not trying to begin an argument but I do believe you are proving my point if anything....

....I would not use a gun in lieu of a bow...because a gun has a longer range...I enjoy the additional variables of an arrow being launched (from ANY implement...call it what you will)....it is STILL an arrow with limited range and subject to more variables than a projectile from a firearm...to me the launching of an arrow even at 450fps is still and should be considered archery...but that is only my take on it....

....I do not believe it affects the "early" season...it would include only an "arrow" launching and not a gun projectile which you could hear from a much grater distance in addition to the longer range....

....regarding Montana...and not allowing CB's...well such was the case in MOST states until pressure from the over "50 crowd" and "bad shoulder crowd" made enough noise in the form of giving up archery altogether until CB's were ultimately allowed....

....so, I really do not feel the need to distinguish...again ONLY MY OPINION...

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

....one more thing...my statements really are ONLY from watching the advertisement video...they might totally change upon seeing it in person at the show...also, I am not of the belief that I am right but it is only my opinion at this point...

....let's see what time will bring...

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings