Firenocks "J" nock question

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

chuckinator

Firenocks "J" nock question

Post by chuckinator »

Does anyone use Firenock's "J" nock with their Xbow? I had some custom Executioner bolts made at South Shore Archery and had the J nock installed to use on another bow. The nock seem to fit on the serving correctly, and no rise on the shaft when it attaches to the serving.
"Adapt, Overcome and Prevail"
vixenmaster

Re: Firenocks "J" nock question

Post by vixenmaster »

I use them on my MXB320, i haven't used them out of my Excals as of yet
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

Tried em in my Vortex, using self made sting, no problem; also use em in two Missions. Great nock but the center serving has to fit it's opening, and if you're serving is larger in diameter than that specified (See the Firenock web site) it won't work
Vortex, Phoenix, single-shot rifles and handguns.
Incurable tinkerer.
Why hunt? Simple, it's BASIC. Why breath?!
chuckinator

Post by chuckinator »

Cossack when you say "won't work" what specifically happens? right now it makes a snap as it goes on the string, just like when I place an arrow on my vertical compound bow.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

He is talkin about the servin dia. on string n the nock slot. They must fit properly, no forced onto string nor so loose they won't have resistance
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

chuckinator wrote:Cossack when you say "won't work" what specifically happens? right now it makes a snap as it goes on the string, just like when I place an arrow on my vertical compound bow.
The J nock is made specifically for the Mission bows line but it can work on other bows. It's opening allows the Mission string to pass through it's opening, the "wing" are also shorter too accommodate the Mission triggerbox. If the Mervin diameter is larger than the nock opening the nock will not allow it to pass between it's wings, preventing the nock from being against the string, thus creating a situation ripe for a partial dryfire. And if it's smaller, the nock won't function as a capture nock. i.e. won't 'snap' onto the bowstring...but it still will shoot. Firenock also makes the Q nock with a slightly different opening size and longer wings for other bows. The size of the openings is detailed on their site.
Vortex, Phoenix, single-shot rifles and handguns.
Incurable tinkerer.
Why hunt? Simple, it's BASIC. Why breath?!
chuckinator

Post by chuckinator »

Got it, thanks!