Stirrup Protection

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

ehntr

Re: Stirrup Protection

Post by ehntr »

Only in the Soo...................cocking your crossbow on your highly shone hardwood floor :)

Nothing you put on your stirrup will stop your wife from hammering you. Electrical tape is the most economical solution to protect the stirrup. It protects the stirrup, it doesn't leave any residue, it's thin enough that you can layer it many times without fear of it coming into contact with arrow fletching and you can replace it any time.
E/M/MOBUI330 (Finn-esse)
E/M/N335 (Finn-bad)
Click "User Control Panel", "Profile", Location: (you don't have to tell everyone you're "in a van down by the river") but for Pete's sake, what state/prov or country are you in?
Heyu

Post by Heyu »

All stated above helps getting rid that annoying ting sound. I found cutting a couple strips of bicycle inner tube works the best for me, after trying foams, cord, ect. Starting at one side, I tape the end of it down and start wrapping around the stirrup, finishing it off at the first bend in front to keep the front clear of obstruction. The use black tennis racket/hockey stick tape to cover up the inner tube. Looks good, and shows no signs of wear yet. Did I mention works great??!!! :D
335(323fps.380gr)355(352fps.390gr)Munch mounts. Bolt glass.BEEs,GT396 swift pro.2"blazer. Slick tricks,Ramcats,Wac'em, Grim reapers. TTsingle. Boo, 8ptbuck, Deerboy, vixenmaster strings. Dalton wax. Dr stirrup kit.

Keep your nose into the wind.
monge

Post by monge »

My 13 wide hunting boots are I tight fit with out any thing wrapped around the stirrup do they make a bigger one to fit bigger feet?
Heyu

Post by Heyu »

monge wrote:My 13 wide hunting boots are I tight fit with out any thing wrapped around the stirrup do they make a bigger one to fit bigger feet?
Have you looked at a Dr stirrup yet?
335(323fps.380gr)355(352fps.390gr)Munch mounts. Bolt glass.BEEs,GT396 swift pro.2"blazer. Slick tricks,Ramcats,Wac'em, Grim reapers. TTsingle. Boo, 8ptbuck, Deerboy, vixenmaster strings. Dalton wax. Dr stirrup kit.

Keep your nose into the wind.
L. E. Carroll

Post by L. E. Carroll »

My bows wear a layer of tennis handle wrap over the "entire" sturrip which is then covered by a tight layer of camo duct tape ( which is cut in half lengthwise to make it easier to work with, especially around the 90 deg. corners... it starts and stops behind the sturrip where it screws to the rail so there are no loose ends to come loose, as well isolating the sturrip from the rail to inhibit any viberation and as much noise as possible.

You do have to re-open the mounting holes and a sharp point exacto knife is what I use to do that. Tighten up the screws "securely" when re-applying the sturrip.

In my case with 2" blazer fletch and "fixed" 3 blade 125 gn G5 Montecs, contact with the sturrip is a non-issue. :wink:

Gene
Camo Micro 355 w/ XB30 SR Pro & TT trigger
Camo Matrix 380 W/ XB 30SR Pro & a Boo trigger
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Sweet old 73 Bronco ( 2nd Owner)
Scamp tralier