Micro 335 and Turkeys

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

va3cgt

Micro 335 and Turkeys

Post by va3cgt »

Next season coming up is turkeys. I just noticed in the Ontario hunting regulations a crossbow must have a minimum "draw length" of 11.8 inches. The micro has a 10 inch draw length. So I guess this rules out using the Micro 335 in Ontario for turkeys. Good thing I have a Matrix 355.
mr meat

Re: Micro 335 and Turkeys

Post by mr meat »

I shot 2 turkeys with my 335 Nightmare last year and will be uesing it again this year!!
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
Timbrhuntr

Post by Timbrhuntr »

I believe that this was discussed on here before and the opinion was that the power stroke on the micro is 10" but the draw length is 13.75 " . Power stroke and draw length are different things.
va3cgt

Post by va3cgt »

Yeah because I was trying to make heads or tails of the Ontario hunting regs in regards to crossbow draw length. They explain it but I was a little confused as to how it's exactly measured.
va3cgt

Post by va3cgt »

mr meat wrote:I shot 2 turkeys with my 335 Nightmare last year and will be uesing it again this year!!

Been out three years in a row, and no bird. First time out I called a bird into 10 yards, took the shot, only to hit my blind and send the arrow off course. Last year I went out sat in my blind an noticed something black the tree 50 yards in from of me. I watched it for about 45 minutes in the twilight. I assumed it was a Porcupine because the property is overrun with them. Soon as it got lighter out I determined it was a turkey. He flew down from roost never to be seen again. When I do get a turkey it will be the most expensive turkey I've eaten (license fees).
Dale

Post by Dale »

I hear ya. I was thinking of getting a turkey license, but the tags cost 1.5 times the cost of buying a dressed turkey from the market. The clerks at Zhers look real concerned as I walk through the meat section with my crossbow. lol.
Ministry of Natural Resources here in Ontario are greedy buggars.
Exomax
Easton 2219 bolts
150 grain Bolt cutters
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Dale wrote:I hear ya. I was thinking of getting a turkey license, but the tags cost 1.5 times the cost of buying a dressed turkey from the market. The clerks at Zhers look real concerned as I walk through the meat section with my crossbow. lol.
Ministry of Natural Resources here in Ontario are greedy buggars.
....Oh yea...come down to The People's Republic of New Jersey....Next to the definition of Greedy is a picture of the state of NJ :lol:

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

I will be sighting in the Micro with the magnus bullheads soon. I am looking forward to the 2016 season and have opening day booked off again... :)

Cheers!!!!
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
Reinyrooster

Post by Reinyrooster »

But ya have to admit.......the feathered devils do get the old ticker going when they respond to your call and start coming in. The last one I shot played peek-a-boo with me for about 10 minutes before I put an end to the nonsense with a well placed load from the Remington.
Minnow

Post by Minnow »

Image[/URL]

You're good it's measured from the outside of the limbs to the realease mechanism
Ibex SMF
Zombies
Cheek rest
S5
Stock extender