Tuff Gettin Old!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

papabear1

Re: Tuff Gettin Old!

Post by papabear1 »

vixenmaster wrote:
deerman41 wrote:I'll be 75 in march, you have to learn to pace yourself. I have to stop and rest a bit more often. But I will keep on keeping on chasing Mike's tick toters! :D
I sure hope i am still around n huntin these tick toters when i get 75, only 10 more yrs
:shock: wow !!!! only 65 :shock: stay in shape mike, ya got a lot more yrs. in ya :roll: :lol: :lol: But the mind ain't the first thing to go.. :oops: :lol: :lol:

Dave :wink:
2010 equinox,
known as doe bow
vixenmaster custom string
swacker bhs, 2/1/4" cut 120 grn.
xx75 Easton 2219,s
firebolt arrows
S5 pads
if it ain't broke don't fix it
be safe in all you do
see ya in the woods
<-------<
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Goose52 wrote:Vix, i try to be a venison freezer half full kinda guy.. you gotta find a silver lining & i see 2 in your situation: 1. you remembered where your stand was! 2. if you cut your chores in half cuz you can't do them in the same time as 5 years ago, then you have to spend twice as much time at camp!
Speaking of silver, i sometimes feel that the only silver in this old age thing is in my hair but was put straight when i was making venison jerky with my 3 yr old granddaughter the other day. I was cutting up some steaks with her at the counter when she asked me if i cut it down the middle. no, honey, i'm thin slicing off the end. "no papa, when u get a haircut do you only cut it down the middle?"
:shock:
I picked up granddaughter the other day to kiss her good by, she grabbed my ears and said" your ears are soft, PawPaw, .... and hairy!!" Out of the mouths of babes. :lol: :lol: :lol:
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

I don't know what she is eating but my neighbor lady just turned 100 years old last sat. and still going strong . her oldest son is 75 two years older than me. :)
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Well i went back this mornin, climbed the Red Oak cut the limbs out of way. I hung the Hang-On stand, then i put the climbin ladder up n ratched to tree n both cable locked. All i have left to do right before season opens is put the safety/chootin bar n the 2 hoist cords on. I also put a new supplement block out on a log 15 yds in front of stand :D
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

You guys, I'm 75. Got up this mornin, et breakfast, walked couple a miles, come home to the lil woman puttin on her britches. Slapped her on a beehind an said: "Puttin on a few pounds lately, darlin?" Doc says the swelling around my eyes should be gone in about a week; the dislodged trigger finger will take a mite longer to heal. :lol:
Vortex, Phoenix, single-shot rifles and handguns.
Incurable tinkerer.
Why hunt? Simple, it's BASIC. Why breath?!
papabear1

Post by papabear1 »

Cossack wrote:You guys, I'm 75. Got up this mornin, et breakfast, walked couple a miles, come home to the lil woman puttin on her britches. Slapped her on a beehind an said: "Puttin on a few pounds lately, darlin?" Doc says the swelling around my eyes should be gone in about a week; the dislodged trigger finger will take a mite longer to heal. :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: you will learn soon enough ,grasshopper :lol: :lol: I did :wink:
2010 equinox,
known as doe bow
xx75 Easton 2219,s
firebolt arrows
S5 pads
be safe in all you do
see ya in the woods
<-------<
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

I felt my age using my climber this year. Them ladders spoilin me.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

Yes it is tough admitting to aging. I wanted to go in the swamp late season bow hunting but we had a lot of rain and then a foot of snow so the front 100 yards were flooded and then snow on top. I took a snowmobile and got through it to dry terrain but on the way out I BURED that booger but good. Had to walk out and thought I was going to die. First time I buried a sled. Next day I brought yournger back and we winched it out. Let a young guy run it out and he flew like a bat on a hill and I struggled to walk out. It is a bitch getting old. The old ticker was pumping hard and I gave in and did not go the last day of the season. That is a first for me.
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

longbow joe wrote:I felt my age using my climber this year. Them ladders spoilin me.
Me too at 62 ,my legs are so weak that I could not use it then left side of my face locked..I have LYMES also and had 3 heart attacks from it and bad headaches and sore feet.....
Jim M

Post by Jim M »

Whoever called them the Golden Years must have been colorblind! I feel very fortunate that at 76 I'm still able to go. I hang about 15 hang ons each year, then end up not using all of them. I had quintuple (5) bypass surgery 10 years ago. I ride a bicycle alot, and feel that it has added years to my hunting.

Gettin old ain't for sissies!
Mo wannabe

Post by Mo wannabe »

How do you guys get away from the bathroom long enough to do all that ?? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Micro 335 Camo. Micro Nightmare. Vixen Matrix 310 Axiom
Leupold scopes VixenMaster Strings
Big john arrows. BOO strings & things
Montec g5
DaGriz knive
Less work.....more hunt
Derry Hicks
Excalibur only
bubba

Post by bubba »

Jim M wrote:Whoever called them the Golden Years must have been colorblind! I feel very fortunate that at 76 I'm still able to go. I hang about 15 hang ons each year, then end up not using all of them. I had quintuple (5) bypass surgery 10 years ago. I ride a bicycle alot, and feel that it has added years to my hunting.

Gettin old ain't for sissies!
It's good to hear you guy's are still at it at your ages. I'll turn 64 in a couple weeks, can't do like i use too, but smile good to know i 'm not alone. Flying out to Mississippi tomorrow to hunt the last two weeks of the season. Hope to knock some meat off some troublesome hogs, with my 444p outfitter. And like said gettin old ain't for sissies. I am all pumped up and ready to go.......
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
artifact

Post by artifact »

Lots of truths on here about getting old.
I'm 68 and don't mind being called old, but the term "ELDERLY" scares me!
There are 7 Carls that come into a local convenient store, and some of the guys differentiate us by names such as big Carl, bald Carl, etc. WELL, I'm "OLD CARL". :roll:
I can still pretty well do what I need to do, just takes a lot longer! :lol:
Now here's some advice: I know a gentleman that's now 102, his last year of hunting was when he was 98. The only thing I can figure out that got him this far is that he made lots of homemade wine and wasn't afraid to drink it!
papabear1

Post by papabear1 »

Mo wannabe wrote:How do you guys get away from the bathroom long enough to do all that ?? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
We take a lot of t paper with us, Mo !!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dave :wink:
2010 equinox,
known as doe bow
xx75 Easton 2219,s
firebolt arrows
S5 pads
be safe in all you do
see ya in the woods