Micro 355 Brace Height?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Hillcountry

Micro 355 Brace Height?

Post by Hillcountry »

Just bought a new Micro 355 and really love it so far...now the dilemma.
The manual they send with the unit doesn't cover "brace height" for the Micro models. As we all know the limbs are already installed with string right out of the box...
My question for anyone that KNOWS is: Does the factory install these strings for the CORRECT brace height before they are packed into a box for shipment?
If not, they should include a string changing rope in the box AND instructions for this model's brace height.
The string, out of the box is approx. 1/2" behind the rubber stops of the REDDS bumpers. I haven't bought a string changing aid yet and haven't attempted to adjust height because of the UNKNOWNS involved.
I know on these forums, everyone has an opinion of how things should be but I would prefer to hear from someone that KNOWS the information i'm asking.

Thanks!
Excalibur Micro 355
Mission MXB 360
Hillcountry

Re: Micro 355 Brace Height?

Post by Hillcountry »

Another very annoying thing I find on this forum is the fact that even if you check the "log me in automatically" box when logging in, it does not work.

Anyway, I have checked the rail of the crossbow for this phantom "line" for setting the brace height...where the heck is the "line"???
Excalibur Micro 355
Mission MXB 360

Post by newbie »

Congrats on the new Micro 355. Jeff will be jealous :lol:
The new bows do not have brace lines on the rails. Just keep it off the reds and you are good.
I keep mine 1/4" off.
Being 1\2" behind you are good to go the string will creep some. Do not shoot if it gets close enough to touch the bumpers.
You will need to get a stringing aid at some point to adjuat the brace. Danny miller sells a good one.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
Hillcountry

Post by Hillcountry »

Awesome! Just what I needed to hear!
Thank you so much...I was beginning to think my Micro was defective in not having a brace line... :lol:
Excalibur Micro 355
Mission MXB 360
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

Welcome to the Micro club. Our club motto is go narrow or go home... :)

The brace height can either be adjusted now to 1/4" away from the reds or just go and shoot it a bunch of times and leave the bow cocked for 8hrs You will see the string start to stretch and will probably settle in nicely behind the reds.

You will need a stringing aid for sure. Either make one or buy one. It's a necessary evil... why they don't come with the bow is beyond me.

Enjoy the Micro 355 and post some pics of the bow if you can so I can see what I am missing... LOL
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

newbie wrote:Congrats on the new Micro 355. Jeff will be jealous :lol:
The new bows do not have brace lines on the rails. Just keep it off the reds and you are good.
I keep mine 1/4" off.
Being 1\2" behind you are good to go the string will creep some. Do not shoot if it gets close enough to touch the bumpers.
You will need to get a stringing aid at some point to adjuat the brace. Danny miller sells a good one.
Newbie,M y 2 micro 335 have a line on rail..When my 2 came they were tight against rubber reds...No instruction manual as hill said to adjust it..Some told me to put it on inside edge of line which is about 1/4 inch..So I had to buy a stringer which bro and I had to use Paracord 550 ..after shooting it the string went halfway back to line so I moved it back to inside edge...Brace line on mine is fairly deep and rough edge does this wear out strings?Thanks..

Post by newbie »

If the brace line is sharp it will definitely impact serving wear. Mine is and does accelerate serving wear.
I should clarify the new production bows will not have the brace line. They are unnecessary on the bows with REDDS.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Hillcountry

Post by Hillcountry »

Well the forum will not let me upload the pictures...first time it said they were too large and the second time it said "you have used up your attachment limit" or some such... :?:
Excalibur Micro 355
Mission MXB 360
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

newbie wrote:If the brace line is sharp it will definitely impact serving wear. Mine is and does accelerate serving wear.
I should clarify the new production bows will not have the brace line. They are unnecessary on the bows with REDDS.
Newbie, Do you think I should lightly take those edges off the brace line withmy dremel tool/thanks..my serving is moving after just 3 shots only on right side ..
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

Congrats on your new Micro 355, interested in how you like it when you get a chance to break it in.
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads

Post by newbie »

I myself am not worried about it. I reserve my own strings.
If you wanted a better choice may be to burnish the edges, I personally wouldn't take a dremel to it but YMMV.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

newbie wrote:I myself am not worried about it. I reserve my own strings.
If you wanted a better choice may be to burnish the edges, I personally wouldn't take a dremel to it but YMMV.
I took a real fine file I had in file set and just rounded edge a little on both sides.Then I filled it with string wax and now the string slides right over brace marks not catching at all..before this it caught everytime in groove..
hunter with MS

Post by hunter with MS »

I just looked at the Manual for Excal xbows brace height under instruction manual page 18 shows the brace height for matrix and micro as well as the exo series . It should be in the Manual that comes with the bow . If not look to the left side of the web page under support .
Hillcountry

Post by Hillcountry »

I just rechecked the manual and nowhere is the Micro referenced. Not sure where you saw this but maybe you could copy and paste that info and post it here? Thanks
Excalibur Micro 355
Mission MXB 360
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

Congrats on the new 355!!
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335