moose tags and the ofah

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

chessy

moose tags and the ofah

Post by chessy »

I was informed today by the ofah at the heritage festival that the mnr has been asked to make sure northern residents get a priority over more moose tags, when I ask how they stood on this issue they said they were unsure on where they stood , again in my opinion that is total crap and a cheap political cop out we are all from the same figment province and it is totally unacceptable to me and any hunter what next we get priority over deer tags cause we live in southern Ontario or better yet I live in 72a and I want a doe tag here before anyone else where is this political BS
Mighty Mooser

Post by Mighty Mooser »

All the MNR has to do is give out more tags in some areas that warant it! We fill out our surveys every year as to the number of live moose we see, and the number of tags stay the same. In four days hunting our eight guys saw over 22 Moose. We did see more in our last 3 days, but you just stop counting after a while. Our zone tags have never changed 45 adult tags, so our gang applies as a group and gets one bull tag. They could easily double the quota in our zone, but refuse to do it. Has anyone heard of the anti's applying in groups to waste the tags, and probably fill out the survey's saying they saw none from their living room in the big City? I have heard this!!!
When you whack them you better stack them!!!
chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

Mighty Mooser wrote:Has anyone heard of the anti's applying in groups to waste the tags, and probably fill out the survey's saying they saw none from their living room in the big City? I have heard this!!!
I have not heard of this being done but would not put it past them! I guess on the plus side, if they were to do this, it might show a strong or stronger hunting force, if you will. And the if money, if the gov't isn't lying about this along with all their other lies, is going directly back into MNR projects then there is small consilation with the anti's buying licences.

Another thought; could the reasoning behind giving first dibs to the northern communities (outfitters) be an attempt to offset any losses from cancelling the spring bear hunt?

Post by Guest »

Outfitters already get too many in alot of people opinion. Amazing how I can find a tag for sale just by stopping into the local bar in some small northern towns.