love the new vixen .why would excal discontinue such a cool

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

longbow joe

love the new vixen .why would excal discontinue such a cool

Post by longbow joe »

I only have my new vixen 2 days n love it.I decided on the deadzone scope. Last nite i was picking off tiny green plastic army men in my garage here at 18 yards. Now i know why guys are upset about it being cancelled this tiny things a tack driver with all the stock stuff.now i realize how people say how easy it is to cock with the long limbs i can cock the little monster with my hands if i had to.lm loving this little bow i hope excal has a long limb axiom. Ibex or vixen 2 type bow in the makes because i think there not realizing how cool these long limbers are...... i hope there listening out there. Lbj
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
xcaliber

Re: love the new vixen .why would excal discontinue such a c

Post by xcaliber »

Joe, that little princess is a bad toy. Congrats! If you get the chance to shoot a Vortex, you'll be all in! :wink:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
hankenhunter

Post by hankenhunter »

Glad you're enjoying Excal's little princess. :D If I ever have extra cash I would love a Vixen as a backup bow. Happy shootin,
Hank
georgiaboy

Post by georgiaboy »

Discontinuing the Vixen is a bad move by Excalibur in my opinion. You have your excal fan base and then you have your Vixen fanatics...a sub culture within the ranks of their followers. :shock: 8)
I don't care how many micro's or mini's they make the Vixen defines Excalibur for me. :)
Deadly accurate, reliable to a fault and powerful enough to kill anything that i want to hunt. 8) 8)
My Vixen aka "Thumper" a'int going anywhere!!!!! :lol: :lol:
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

Yes the Vixen was a great easy to shoot all day model that would take down a number of critters with ease. This is one of them that I had @ one time. Deep down inside I wish I would have kept this one. Look @ us now with our fancy narrow powerful bows,,, LOL

A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Jeff, that wasn't too long ago. I see that Bolt XR topping her off there! :wink:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

xcaliber wrote:Jeff, that wasn't too long ago. I see that Bolt XR topping her off there! :wink:

True! I would say 2 years ago tops. I think this one lives in Michigan now as far as I know... :)
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
cadmaster

Post by cadmaster »

My guess is they think that more draw weight = more sales as they eliminated all of the older series CB's now and replaced them with narrower CB's with higher draw weights. There are now NO long limb CB's at all except the matrix series if you consider them long limbed.
Pinpoint

Post by Pinpoint »

I seen tonight on LeBarons website they have a vixen 2 package for $570! Not sure if they are in stock though.
2016 Matrix 350LE, Munchmount, RBB, Hawke XB1
Wolverine, Munchmount
Vixenmaster Strings
GunsiteScout

Post by GunsiteScout »

I just picked up my BNIB Vixen earlier this month from a dealer up in Orillia. I wanted a Phoenix but I couldn't pass up the deal I got for it. They were blowing out all the old model Excaliburs. I'm really happy I bought it now. The biggest problem I have right now is hiding it from my lovely Wife. Thank goodness the camo patterns match. Maybe she won't notice that its not my M380.
Bcwn

Post by Bcwn »

GunsiteScout wrote:I just picked up my BNIB Vixen earlier this month from a dealer up in Orillia. I wanted a Phoenix but I couldn't pass up the deal I got for it. They were blowing out all the old model Excaliburs. I'm really happy I bought it now. The biggest problem I have right now is hiding it from my lovely Wife. Thank goodness the camo patterns match. Maybe she won't notice that its not my M380.
You must be kidding right :lol: she's gonna be able to pick that new bow out in a hot second, it's what they do. I bought a new Hoyt and hung it outside where I shoot my wife was getting some veggies out of our garden and says when did you get that :shock: I'm telling you she has never ever expressed, nor shown any interest in my bows or gear ever, but brother she sure as hell noticed that new bow.

Brad
Mad max 380
Stock string
Dr stirrup kit
Zombie slayers
Rage Hypodermic 100 gr
Leupold Crossbones
Xbowkiller

Post by Xbowkiller »

Only one reason to discontinue a bow. It is call not selling enough. I am sure it would continue if it sold as good as the Matrix or Micro line. The Sapphire looks to be the replacement.
Tom

Post by Tom »

Xbowkiller wrote:Only one reason to discontinue a bow. It is call not selling enough. I am sure it would continue if it sold as good as the Matrix or Micro line. The Sapphire looks to be the replacement.
Not true at all.

There are many things that make up choices on either to continue production or not. Tooling costs, floor space, are among a few considerations.

Currently (if we include Exo series) Excalibur have 3 different crossbow lines. This means they have stock, tooling, ect (x3). If they drop one of those lines, they will only need space for 2 models and not 3.

It is like when they dropped the 405, they now have the 400 (newer), do they need to also have a 405, nope. The Exomax, Vortex, and the other heavier Exo series bows are generally covered with a newer modeled bow (speed or poundage), therefore are they really needed.

The problem in my eyes is, the Vixen is out there all alone, none of the newer bows does not come close to what it does or the need for a lighter bow. There is a want for these bows as well.

Tom
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]
Xbowkiller

Post by Xbowkiller »

All in the computer systems Tom. Just change the machines back for a run if they wanted to keep them. Not that big of a deal switching if you are making buckets of cash from them. We switch plastic molds every week sometimes at work. They do have computer programmers on staff and the programs already on disks. If such a hot seller I doubt they get rid of anything. We can agree to disagree.
TPM

Post by TPM »

I think there's some truth to all tht has been said here. I also think the biggest reason behind discontinuing it is at present they can't keep up with the demands for the new bows. Currently the production facility is running full tilt, two shifts making Micro and Martrix bows. Something had to give.
The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger