Your favorite.

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

M77 ruger

Your favorite.

Post by M77 ruger »

I see a lot of you guys have or have had multiple Xbows over the years. So I thought I would ask. If you could only have one xbow which would you chose and why?
Doe Master
Site Admin

Re: Your favorite.

Post by Doe Master »

Easy . My wolverine . Good LOP , quiet and it was my first bow . :)
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
NEPAbowhunter

Post by NEPAbowhunter »

Zombie apocalypse, and I can only grab one crossbow. I am running out the door with all the Black Eagle arrows I can carry and my Kodabow. Why? Its built like a tank and very accurate.
Matrix 355
Bulldog 380
Mission Sub-1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS9N8dEdZCQ
canoe13

Post by canoe13 »

That is a hard question. At one time I had 6 bows (4 Excals.) but I decided to simp!ify my life with less stuff so down to 2 now. I thought of going to just one but between my Micro 335 and my Matrix 355 I can not decide.
Mag Air
Sig Sauer Romeo 5
Excalibur Quills
Tooth of the Arrow broadheads
Vixenmaster strings
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

Tough choice.

I am going tp say my Micro 335 or maybe my future Micro 355.... :)
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Matrix 330! Plenty of power, easy to cock, very accurate.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

No expert here recurve hunter for 50 years...But I always liked a Excalibur crossbow bow because of recurve thing not compound ..Looks of Excalibur looks like BOW..I bought 2 micro 335 giving 1 to my brother and it feels good in my hands and looks nice with camo ..Tact -zone scope is NEAT with lighted hairs,custom arrows are nice and I bought CLAW sling for it and boy does it feel nice on my shoulder..Best of all is help you get on here..I knew someday I would be hanging up my recurve bow with cedar arrows and going to crossbow and it has happened now.. Watch out BUCKS here comes jimmy..Take care ..
Last edited by sproulman on Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

My matrix 330 does everything
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
Michiganhunter

Post by Michiganhunter »

Have only owned two xbows, an Exomax and now a Matrix 380.. Both awesome bows but I love my Matrix 380. Very fast, Very accurate, and more compact than the Exomax.
380 Matrix Extra
Hawke XB 30 Compact
Easton 2216 19 " 388gr... 378fps
100gr Spitfire/Wasp Jak-Hammer
Trigger Tech trigger
racking up points

Post by racking up points »

My favourite Excalibur is always the last one I shot! :D I can't pick and that's why I own 3.

For hunting and under 60y shooting, it's easily my MicroMax 360 XTRA. It is so compact and lightweight. I can shoot it offhand better than any crossbow I have ever used.

For bench or long range shooting my Matrix 410 gets the nod. Raw power and speed to burn, it outperforms the Micro beyond 60 yards.

For reliability and ease of use, the Matrix 310 might only be paralleled by the Vixen II. It is incredibly easy on servings, limbs and the lower back! It is lightweight and balances nicely.

This is why I own three. I dont think there is such thing as the perfect bow, so I bought myself three bows that suit three different purposes perfectly.
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
Sparkey

Post by Sparkey »

Right now I have a Grizzly, which was my first ever crossbow purchase and I also picked up a Matrix 355 in a swap with another forum member.

I really like both of the bows and also like the fact that arrows and strings are interchangeable between the two which eliminates carrying two different lengths of arrows. ( Hey I'm cheap! lol )

Anyway, they both shoot great and they both look KEWL! hehe. I guess like some others have mentioned. Which ever one I am shooting at the time is my favorite. Still not sure I need two of them, but a lot of people here would tell me I need three! :lol: I must say, the Grizzly is really easy to cock. Also I really like the camo pattern as it fits the area I hunt very nicely.

I might try dipping the grizzly rail this spring. A friend says he should be able to camo the rail to match the stock and limbs.

BTW, I did have a micro for a short time. Nice and compact but to me seemed excessively nose heavy but to each their own. Plus, again I am cheap so don't have to carry two different length arrows. :P
Parker Challenger
Gen-1 Micro 335 Camo
Matrix Cub
Bear Legion Compound
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

the thing I like about Excal. is the parts are almost the same. I have a 355 and a 380 they are set up the same down to the fingerprints. when I go hunting some times I won't know what bow I have until I get in the blind .maybe I can blame that on old age . or it don't matter. like them both.
W.M.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Thats easy, the Vixen wid out a doubt! :) Why because its so easy to hand cock n even change the string out wid out any stringern has all the power to kill any thing in N America wid in 40 yds. What more could anyone want
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
L. E. Carroll

Post by L. E. Carroll »

I have or have had 4 Excal. models and a Parker. I have narrowed down to my Matrix 355 and the Micro 335. Both are exceptional models, but if I had to to narrow farther, I would pick my 355 for the additional range, dependability, and edge in speed with the same arrow set up.

I must admit however, that I'll be watching reviews on the Micro 355 as guys shoot them some and post some speeds. If it's as Good as I hope 8) I may consider combining my two present models into one Micro 355.

Gene
Camo Micro 355 w/ XB30 SR Pro & TT trigger
Camo Matrix 380 W/ XB 30SR Pro & a Boo trigger
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Sweet old 73 Bronco ( 2nd Owner)
Scamp tralier
Shotnbeer

Post by Shotnbeer »

My Vortex