Archery Nook

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

tkstae

Archery Nook

Post by tkstae »

I've been scouting around for the best prices on an Exocet with vari-zone scope, and all the extras. Archery Nooks prices seemed awfull good. Anyone have any dealings with them. I was also wondering since I think I will need a cranking device to help cock the Exocet anyway. Would it be worth stepping up to an Exomag. My plans are to use this for Whitetail only. I don't feel the need for speed, but if it will help, it may be worth it. Thanks for the advice you have given me already. This Fourm, and all of you are a big help.
Shakky

Post by Shakky »

Archer's Nook are very good to deal with. Nice guys there and they know their stuff.
I would stick with the Exocet. I think it is Excalibur's best all around bow. If you ever did go after something bigger then deer the Exocet can handle it but the Exomag would be better. On deer size game I don't see how the Exomag will really help you.
shifty

Post by shifty »

If its just whitetails your after the vixen is an exellent choice too. its a little cheaper on the pocket book still crankes out at around 289 ft per secound . Thats plenty fast
ignitor58

archers nook

Post by ignitor58 »

I purchased an Exocet with the vari-zone scope package from them last year and have made several purchaces since then for the crank, extra strings and bolts and i'm very pleased with the service from archer's nook.

Post by Guest »

Thanks for the advice. Without a dealer around to let me shoot either one of these bows, its hard to get a feel for just how they shoot. Some of the guys on the forum talk about arrow speed helping with a deer jumping the spring. I understand that all of the Excalibur bows are strong enough to pass through a deer with a lung shot. I've got a week or so till I found out if I qualify for a crossbow. I don't think I'll have any problems, but I'll wait till it comes before I buy the Excalibur.
tkstae

Post by tkstae »

Sorry I forgot to log on.
Leo in Ga

Post by Leo in Ga »

I also do business with "the nook" and have always been VERY well treated and received great prices, service, and advice :D

leo
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

I've heard good things about Archers Nook, as l have about BJ of "Archery Plus". Both provide good service and prices. You can't go wrong with either shop.
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.

Contacting JB

Post by Guest »

I Would like to contact BJ, just not sure how to go about it. I have the time to look around for the best price. Waiting for my crossbow permit to arrive.
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

You can contact BJ at: [email protected]
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
Dan DE at work

Post by Dan DE at work »

Good folks. Very helpful. Very fast to ship a bow to me in DE.