Dissapointed

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

jody5252

Dissapointed

Post by jody5252 »

Finally. The Eastern Outdoor show is here at last! I will get to check out the new Excal. bows and such... Actually I do not know if I should be insulted or pissed! The Excal. booth did display there bows alright... 4 (yes four) bows, and a handful of accessories. Now for the $10,000 question. Can you guess which bows were there more of?? (drum roll please) Bowtech and Stryker!! :x :shock: Seriously?? Here is the best part... One of the Reps. sat there playing with his phone, the entire 20 min. that we stood there, without either one acknowledging us. The other Rep was engaged in one or two word answers, to some one who was very interested in purchasing a bow. (Excal.) Never gave him info. on where to purchase one, no catalog, or not even a business card! WTH is going on here! Last year, the Excal booth was twice the size, several Reps eager to show you the bows, answering questions and offering sound advice... Is Excal. being pushed out the door, or just being handed there hats...
Exocet 200 & Micro 315 2219 Magnums-Flex Fletch SK200/300 Vanes-10 Point and Sightmark Scope-Single post quiver mts.-Vixenmaster/Trinity/8 pt.Flemish Strings-Dirt-Nap100/125 gr.-Lumenoks
sproulman

Re: Dissapointed

Post by sproulman »

We used to all go to show BUT do to cost to go now we do not..I miss it but not worth going anymore with fees etc..
fredd

Post by fredd »

Totally agree something not right.
Bcwn

Post by Bcwn »

I don't seem to hear a lot of shining things about bowtec, especially their ability, to interact in a reasonable manner with the folks that cut their checks (consumer)

Brad
Mad max 380
Stock string
Dr stirrup kit
Zombie slayers
Rage Hypodermic 100 gr
Leupold Crossbones
va3cgt

Post by va3cgt »

It was obviously done that way for a reason. Maybe someone with a background in business practices can chime in.

I don't know....if ya can't beat em join em and slowly eliminate the brand...even though Bowtech owns Excal.
Excalibur Marketing Dude
Site Admin

Post by Excalibur Marketing Dude »

I've done that show for about 8 years in a row, it's a huge show and an excellent place to talk to our customers. It is however difficult to do as an exhibitor because it's 9 days long. This does not excuse the experience you had in our booth and I will look into it.

We have done the show as "Excalibur only" for a long time but we convinced the rest of the company to also display the Bowtech, Stryker and Diamond brands due to the shear volume of people coming through the doors. But, the booth is the same size so it will be more congested with different products and not look as focused on Excalibur Crossbow products.

We may think about getting a larger booth so we can better display everything in the future. But, we are still there! :D

We also have multiple dealers at the show so there should be no problem seeing the new products. Our challenge is in February we have no less than 5 shows all happening at the same time so our resources are really stretched.

Peter
Excalibur Marketing Dude
Site Admin

Post by Excalibur Marketing Dude »

Here is a photo of our booth. Yes it's congested but all of our new crossbow models are there. :D

Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

Is that a Micro 355 that I see on the left side of that pic? Stop teasing me already I am not ready to pay cash for one yet... LOL
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
Boo

Post by Boo »

Oh good, a where's Waldo game!
I see 8!
Some people just like stepping on rakes
otisbrazwell

Post by otisbrazwell »

Looks pretty nice ! Fianaly a place were you
Can see it all..
Bones

Post by Bones »

I played where's waldo... Took me a minute but I found 8 as well .

Post by newbie »

Bones wrote:I played where's waldo... Took me a minute but I found 8 as well .
I see 10! You forgot the two in the posters Don :wink:
Edit its 12 not 10.
Last edited by newbie on Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

....I was there and spoke to Josh...he was running back and forth to the stryker and bowtec section...guys were just standing and looking at the Excalibur line up with no real help...he did come over and we spoke...I got to feel the 400/355
...and he did explain the new trigger setup on the 400...

...Josh directed people who wanted to buy the Excals to the other vendor's who were there....

...I could understand what others were saying...I knew what i wanted to look at and feel....and YES I WAS STOKED BY THE 400 and the 355....now the question is what 2 bows do I sell...and yes I will sell before I buy.... :wink:

Anthony

BTW...I went opening day and it WAS a ZOO!
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Mo wannabe

Post by Mo wannabe »

The wife will never know .... Leave it at the office till Sept then swap it out with one at home :shock: :shock:
Micro 335 Camo. Micro Nightmare. Vixen Matrix 310 Axiom
Leupold scopes VixenMaster Strings
Big john arrows. BOO strings & things
Montec g5
DaGriz knive
Less work.....more hunt
Derry Hicks
Excalibur only
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

amythntr wrote:....I was there and spoke to Josh...he was running back and forth to the stryker and bowtec section...guys were just standing and looking at the Excalibur line up with no real help...he did come over and we spoke...I got to feel the 400/355
...and he did explain the new trigger setup on the 400...

...Josh directed people who wanted to buy the Excals to the other vendor's who were there....

...I could understand what others were saying...I knew what i wanted to look at and feel....and YES I WAS STOKED BY THE 400 and the 355....now the question is what 2 bows do I sell...and yes I will sell before I buy.... :wink:

Anthony

Anthony, it's okay fratello. Just shoot them...just to try them out. Just once, It's okay. No harm in just trying them once. Even if you bought one of them now, you could always sell the others 'later'. You see how easy it is, go ahead, It's alright. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Paul :lol:

BTW...I went opening day and it WAS a ZOO!
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.