annual forum shoot?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Red Label

annual forum shoot?

Post by Red Label »

Let's open a dialogue here guys.

How many would be interested in starting an annual forum only 3D shoot? Where would we have it? (IMHO, keep in mind the big Ontario/Ohio presence on here).

We could do a campout, shoot, barbeque/tailgate party, etc.

I'd be active in helping set it up with some help for next year, but we would need to agree on a suitable spot and have a club available.

My thoughts are a May 2005 shoot, and confirm plans by January to give everyone time to book it.

Mikey Vee
devilsedge

Post by devilsedge »

I would definatly be interested in a forum only shoot, and if you need any help Mike let me know and I would be happy to help out.
shoot straight stay late.
GREY OWL

Post by GREY OWL »

I'd be very interested Mike, problem being I live so flip'in far away. So the only solution, have it some place neutral, like say Hawaii!!!!! :lol:

On a more serious note, it would be nice to know well in advance, so Maybe, just Maybe I could factor in this as holidays.

Yes is my answer, thumbs up...

Grey Owl
Sliver

Post by Sliver »

Hi Red
I would be interested in that for sure.... Count on me for some help if it's needed...
Hey Aaron,, I should talk to my club,, it could be a good spot for a camp out event What do you think ? Not sure if the club would go for that or not,, :roll: but it would not hurt to find out I guess :wink:
Exocet 175
Munch Mount
ComfyBear String
DaGriz Knife
wabi

Post by wabi »

Red Label,
Sounds like an interesting idea. If we can decide on a location I'll try to plan to be in on it.
If Ohio would be a possibility I'm sure I could get the Shawnee Outdoorsmen to set up the course for it. That way maybe some of the members in the US could make it.
wabi
Sliver

Post by Sliver »

Never been to Ohio :oops:
Sounds interesting :wink:
Exocet 175
Munch Mount
ComfyBear String
DaGriz Knife
devilsedge

Post by devilsedge »

Hey Harry the oshawa club would be an ok place to have the shoot if they would let us. There is lots of room for camping and the course is nicely laid out for a 3D shoot.
shoot straight stay late.
Sliver

Post by Sliver »

I'll definately check about it ????
Exocet 175
Munch Mount
ComfyBear String
DaGriz Knife
RichardS

Post by RichardS »

I would be interested for sure!

Count me in to help out also!

GREAT IDEA :D
-Richard-
Red Label

Post by Red Label »

I think what we would need to do is come up with a questionarre to see how far guys would drive, how many guys from each area would be serious enough to come, and base a geographical decision weighed on shooter numbers, driving miles and available facilities.

That's the only fair way to do it I think.

The alternative is to have one in the hub of Ontario and another in Ohio, maybe alternate each year.....(?)
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Red Label wrote:I think what we would need to do is come up with a questionarre to see how far guys would drive, how many guys from each area would be serious enough to come, and base a geographical decision weighed on shooter numbers, driving miles and available facilities.

That's the only fair way to do it I think.

The alternative is to have one in the hub of Ontario and another in Ohio, maybe alternate each year.....(?)
That reads really good and the alternative would be a super way ta go. I have lost out on a couple this year so I can't say much. If this would come off (Happen) I sure would try and make it.
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

I'm in .....
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "
CH

Post by CH »

I would rather watch paint dry than go to a shoot with you RED.Just kidding sounds like fun . :lol: :lol:
Shakky

Post by Shakky »

It's a great idea and I'll try and make it but I work every weekend so it would be difficult for me. I'd be happy to help with the set up. How long would it take for you Ohio guys to get to say Toronto?
Mark

Post by Mark »

I would be interested, as far as the drive goes for me west central ohio your looking at approx. 6 to 7 hrs going up through detroit/windsor to toronto. It takes us about 8 to 9 hrs to get to get to Lakefield when we go musky fishing. I have been told its easier to cross at niagra so thats the way i`m taking when i go bear hunting Sat
Probably for wabi you would be looking at another 2 , 2 1/2 hours onto that.

Mark
Exomag ,Exocet,Micro 335
Scorpyd Ventilator
Gold tip laser bolts, Zombie Slayers,Spynal Tapp
Slick Trick, Rage, Magnus bullhead
Danny Miller Strings
Shoot a big one, Let the grunts walk