kills per arrow ratio

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Re: kills per arrow ratio

Post by newbie »

Just one per arrow for me. I write who what where on the vane and have a collection or arrows and broadheads. They all tell a story to me.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
Trigger1212

Re: kills per arrow ratio

Post by Trigger1212 »

I don't like to do that w arras an broardheads as it seems a waste of a good arra! But I do it with rifle kills, the brass case and use an engraver to apply the details so I won't forget. Most of my bucks are nothing to mount so I use a sharpie to write the details on the inside of the brain cavity. Have got5 nice ones, 3 mounted and 1 rifle antelope and Mrs said no more! 8) I wrote the stories on the back of the mounts so I would not forget the details.

When I was a kid dad had a set of horns hanging up there for years (got em before I showed up!) and one time I asked him to tell me the story of how he had got it. He thought about it awhile then said he wasn't sure as they all kind of blend together over time.

I remember thinking how the heck could you EVER forget all the details of a buck kill?! At that time deer were really scarce in our area, almost mythical beasts, and I had not harvested one yet. Now I understand! Deer are now so thick they are like mice.... Big ones you still have to work for though!

In my first post I said I started hunting with a crossbow, meant to say compound, just got into crossbows 2 years ago,enjoying it!

Sticking by my claim of 10 w one arra (at least) an 13 w the same broad head. Mom made us do a thorough job of pickin stones in our fields! :lol:
Matrix 355 - "Spike"
20 " BE Executioners, 110 gr brass inserts, 2" blazers
NAP 100 gr Spitfires
Wyvern Flemish String
DM Bumpers
Semper Fi!