Bulldog at Boo's

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Boo

Bulldog at Boo's

Post by Boo »

I'm sure there are forum members who are curious about the Bulldog. So, are there any comments from the guys who handled and or shot the Bulldog yesterday?
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Carnivorous

Re: Bulldog at Boo's

Post by Carnivorous »

Yep I can chime in here.

Pros.
Camo good match from the stock all the way to the limbs
Overall Fit and finish
Stock design
Balance
Nice trigger no creep and light single stage
No noticeable vibration

Cons
A close call destroying an arrow from aiming at another arrow in the target. :)
For smaller frame adults like me I found it a challenge to cock. But no issue for most guys that shot it.

There is a lot to like on that bow. I would like to see the same stock with Micro Limbs in say a 350fps package. Maybe someday.....

Jeff
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
Boo

Post by Boo »

bellerivercrossbowhunter wrote:Yep I can chime in here.

Pros.
Overall Fit and finish
Stock design
Balance
No noticeable vibration

Cons
For smaller frame adults like me I found it a challenge to cock. But no issue for most guys that shot it.

There is a lot to like on that bow. I would like to see the same stock with Micro Limbs in say a 350fps package. Maybe someday.....

Jeff
How about tomorrow Jeff? :lol: :lol: :lol:
I find it easier to cock than the 405, donno for sure why. But the balance of the bow is really nice and has me thinking that I should buy one because you are and you are a smart guy!
Incidental, my hearing is pooched but is it my imagination or was it less noise than expected?
Hunt it
Location: 35 mins North of Lake Erie and 35 mins East of Lake Huron

Post by Hunt it »

Jeff,

My buddy shot both the 400 BD and the new 355 at the Nook the other day. He's a smaller guy and he said 355 was harder to cock than the 400 BD. I see you have 355 - would you say your 355 was easier or harder than 400?
I had a chance to hold the 400BP but did not have time to shoot it yet. I have one on order so we'll see how it shoots soon.
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

Hunt it wrote:Jeff,

My buddy shot both the 400 BD and the new 355 at the Nook the other day. He's a smaller guy and he said 355 was harder to cock than the 400 BD. I see you have 355 - would you say your 355 was easier or harder than 400?
I had a chance to hold the 400BP but did not have time to shoot it yet. I have one on order so we'll see how it shoots soon.
This is just my opinion.

I found the bull dog to be about the same as the micro 355 to cock.

The big difference is the distance at rest to the latches. I really felt that last inch on the BD. On the Micro as soon as it gets really stiff it just about cocked.

For most shooters the BD will be the perfect choice for speed and balance.
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

Boo wrote:
bellerivercrossbowhunter wrote:Yep I can chime in here.

Pros.
Overall Fit and finish
Stock design
Balance
No noticeable vibration

Cons

Jeff
How about tomorrow Jeff? :lol: :lol: :lol:
I find it easier to cock than the 405, donno for sure why. But the balance of the bow is really nice and has me thinking that I should buy one because you are and you are a smart guy!
Incidental, my hearing is pooched but is it my imagination or was it less noise than expected?
For sure you need to buy one. You don't have enough bows... :)

As far as noise it seems to be the same as my Micro but noise never bothers me.... :)
ThunderXB

Post by ThunderXB »

How would you guys compare the stock trigger to a single stage trigger tech??

Worth the upgrade to a TT?
Bulldog 400, Hawke XB30, JBK string, Dr S, TriggerT
405 Matrix, XBR, HAA, DM string, TT, ti64
405 Matrix Blackout, XBR, HAA, DM string, TT, ti64

Post by newbie »

I will like to see your bulldog Micro next time Jeff :mrgreen:
Heck peer pressure worked on the 355 so its just a matter of time before you buy that Bulldog, and you are a dog person!
I liked it again, easier to cock then the 355 Micro for me even with the longer stroke.
Its a tough call what one i will get next.
Trigger is really nice in it. Felt light. I wouldn't put a TT in it but thats me.
They did a fantastic job on it. Balanced much better then the 405. Only issue i forsee is eye relief maybe with some scopes. That is easily fixed though.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

Yes i think Jeff needs! and wants one to!! :lol:
I liked it! Cocking wasn,t bad and the trigger was very nice! Make it with Micro limbs and i just might have to get one! :lol:
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

newbie wrote:I will like to see your bulldog Micro next time Jeff :mrgreen:
Heck peer pressure worked on the 355 so its just a matter of time before you buy that Bulldog, and you are a dog person!
I liked it again, easier to cock then the 355 Micro for me even with the longer stroke.
Trigger is really nice in it. Felt light. I wouldn't put a TT in it but thats me.
They did a fantastic job on it. Balanced much better then the 405. Only issue i forsee is eye relief maybe with some scopes. That is easily fixed though.
My wheels are always spinning. I am really hoping Excalibur doesn't listen to my suggestion for a bull pup Micro.. LOL
Boo

Post by Boo »

bellerivercrossbowhunter wrote:
newbie wrote:I will like to see your bulldog Micro next time Jeff :mrgreen:
My wheels are always spinning. I am really hoping Excalibur doesn't listen to my suggestion for a bull pup Micro.. LOL
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Boo

Post by Boo »

bellerivercrossbowhunter wrote:For sure you need to buy one. You don't have enough bows... :)
I showed this post to Karin and she's almost convinced! :shock:

Post by newbie »

Boo wrote:
bellerivercrossbowhunter wrote:For sure you need to buy one. You don't have enough bows... :)
heck ya! you do NEED one

edit. disregard above. i forgot you have my wallet
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
Spike Country

Post by Spike Country »

So do you guys think the riser design makes it sound more like a micro when shot VS say a matrix 380?
MICHIGAN MEAT HUNTER "Shooting Tomorrows Trophies Today"
Proud member of the Michigan Crossbow Federation!
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

newbie wrote:
Boo wrote:
heck ya! you do NEED one

edit. disregard above. i forgot you have my wallet
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: TOOOO GOOOOD !!! Don, did you collect wallets at the door, or did Newbies fall out of his truck?? :lol: :lol: :lol: