??? Another OKIE goof, but how bad is it...

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

OK. DEER HUNTER

??? Another OKIE goof, but how bad is it...

Post by OK. DEER HUNTER »

I just fletched up some new carbons with the new NAP Quick Spin fletching. If you are familiar with these, you know they aint cheap hence why Im here now. I aint in no big hurry to take a razor blade to them and it appears I have glued them on a bit to close to the nock and they will not allow the arrow to come into complete contact with the string when the bow is cocked and loaded. The arrow at rest in the cocked position is about an 1/8 of and inch from the string between the releasing fingers of the trigger mech. My first arrows flew fine and I didnt notice any problems but I was hesitant to ask because you just know your gonna have to fix it, and I hate to admit when I am wrong or made a mistake so I pose this question to the forum guroos... Just how bad is this? Is it somthing I can live with or is there a quick fix rather than destroying $25 bucks worth of fresh fletching that look so good I did a little dance??? anyway I am sure one of you or several of you will have great advice as usuall and I will cherish it as if it were money in the bank so thank you all again so kindly for your time, but please be gental as my ever so weak ego is at steak as well as asking my loving financial advisor (wife) :wink: for replacement costs involved :D
For God so loved archers that he gave his only son in sacrifice for our sins. God will bless you with the flesh of the earth and is willing to help them who are willing to help themselves to mega bucks if you ask and he will!!
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

It's bad, and an accident waiting to happen. If the nock/insert doesn't seat firmly against the string, sooner rather than later the string will travel over the bolt causing a virtual "dryfire". It's best to bite the bullet and waste $25 , and not risk damaging your bow.
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
GonHuntin

Post by GonHuntin »

Can you trim the rear of the vanes enough to get clearance?

I'm with ComfyBear.......I sure wouldn't risk a dryfire over $25 worth of vanes!
OK. DEER HUNTER

Post by OK. DEER HUNTER »

Well its not a suttle point you guys make, but it is one I anticipated I just didnt want to admit it. And thanks again.
Hey Gon---no dice with the trimming tip, the special kicker fin on the vane is right at the rear and while trimming would work it would also disable the feature of the quick spin kicker but thanks for tryin!
BTW I am all set to go Kansas bruiser bustin! It cost more than I wanted but it takes the wierd bug off my back about not having all the proper papers. If you ever get the urge to apply gimme a holler and I can set you up with the KA. Dr. that fixed me up.
For God so loved archers that he gave his only son in sacrifice for our sins. God will bless you with the flesh of the earth and is willing to help them who are willing to help themselves to mega bucks if you ask and he will!!