Where to Buy Shafts?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

MTBighorn

Where to Buy Shafts?

Post by MTBighorn »

Hi guys...I was wondering where to buy bare shafts for a good price??

I have been shooting .001 Zombies. But I just decided to try some cheaper arrows so I bought a dzn..003 Executioners from ebay..$68 shipped.

The .003 Executioners fly great with target tips! Maybe you might see a difference with broadheads...but I don't see it even comparing .001 Zombies to the .003 Bee's. The Zombies are positively much stiffer.

With my 380 Lynx, I shot these two groups, offhand, at 100 yards last night.(the only 8 arrows I shot last night)....with the new .003 Bee's

The red circle measures 6" and the yellow is 3".

My concentration HAS to be very focused because it is really easy for me to "whifff" an arrow clear off the bag if I break concentration just a little bit.

This is with my stock Matrix 380 trigger and the TactZone scope dialed back to 280fps. That is why I am at the center circle...sure does prove to be hard on arrows thou :roll: :lol:

So the big question...The arrows that shot these groups cost me $68 shipped for 12 (1dzn.) fletched and ready to go w/brass inserts...

I just ordered an Arizona EZ fletch and was hoping to save a few dollars and maybe make a slightly better arrow?....But I can't seem to find the shafts cheap enough to accomplish this...can anyone help me please.?? Thanks Wes

The red is a 6" diameter circle and the yellow is 3".. offhand 100yds

This my second 4 arrows and 2 of them are now scrap :( ..so I called it a night and ordered the EZ fletch. :mrgreen:

Last edited by MTBighorn on Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
racking up points

Re: Where to Buy Shafts?

Post by racking up points »

Being in the US, I would order bare shafts from Jerry at South Shore Archery Supply. This is cheaper than having him make them, it's about 1/2 the cost that he'd charge to assemble them.

Seeing that you like to shoot at longer distance, you can ask him to spine match and index the shafts. He will even weight match the components. At 100y, I think these little things would go a long way, even though you are getting great results with what you have.
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
georgiaboy

Post by georgiaboy »

I learned a long time ago not to shoot for groups with an excal...not even at 100yds. :shock:
Try Dave at Wyvern's Creations or South shore archery. You may also try Woody's sporting goods.
Good luck and nice shooting. :D
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
Michiganhunter

Post by Michiganhunter »

Been making my own arrows for many years. Look here http://www.bowhunterssuperstore.com/
380 Matrix Extra
Hawke XB 30 Compact
Easton 2216 19 " 388gr... 378fps
100gr Spitfire/Wasp Jak-Hammer
Trigger Tech trigger
DaGriz

Post by DaGriz »

Call Wyvern Creations, 603-659-0575 Talk to David He will treat you very well and provide with the shafts you need at the best price!!
You sure you can skin griz, pilgrim??

Life is too short to carry an UGLY knife!