Pelican case for my crossbows

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

GunsiteScout

Pelican case for my crossbows

Post by GunsiteScout »

I tried doing a search for Pelican cases that would accommodate an Excalibur with the bow part removed from the stock. Sort of like a short double rifle case. Something that would handle airline travel or travel better behind the seat of a pickup truck.
Does anyone have a picture of this setup or model number to reference to?
ihunt

Re: Pelican case for my crossbows

Post by ihunt »

Don't know if this will work for you but try googling Plano Bow Guard.

Good luck.
Micro Camo 335
Zombie Slayers
Hunt it
Location: 35 mins North of Lake Erie and 35 mins East of Lake Huron

Post by Hunt it »

What you are looking for is a Pelican Protector Case Model 1700 this is 35" long the model used for o/u shotguns or broken down pump/auto shotguns. Full length one is 55".
ihunt

Post by ihunt »

Hunt it wrote:What you are looking for is a Pelican Protector Case Model 1700 this is 35" long the model used for o/u shotguns or broken down pump/auto shotguns. Full length one is 55".
That Pelican Protector Case Model 1700 is one heck of a nice case!
Micro Camo 335
Zombie Slayers
Hi5

Post by Hi5 »

"something that would handle airline travel"

The Pelican case will do that. It'll withstand the most enthusiastic baggage handler. Heck, they could dispense with the baggage handler. While the plane is overhead, they could just drop it out to you. Might take on a few scratches, but that'd be all.

They're heavy and expensive, and maybe a bit of overkill. Do you really need it to be waterproof?

If you remove the bow (you can leave it strung), it should still fit into a more modestly priced gun case, the type for double barreled shotguns. That's how I store my Exocet and Exomax.
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.
Hunt it
Location: 35 mins North of Lake Erie and 35 mins East of Lake Huron

Post by Hunt it »

If the plane ever goes down, the crossbow will survive and wash up on an island and come in real handy if Tom Hanks is on the beach! I have the full size 55" model and as stated it's overkill but you know what bagagge handlers are like with gun cases. Better safe than sorry, would not want Tom to have to file a warranty claim would we. 8)
MTBighorn

Post by MTBighorn »

I have the Pelican 1750 case. It is big...but as you can see from my photo,..it is just "barely" big enough for my Matrix380 w/ accessories. But it also carries ANY of my rifles including my 1874 Shiloh Sharps 45-90 BPCR buffalo gun.

These cases are big and clumsy so you sure don't want too many of them laying around your house or Man Cave.

My 1750 isn't wasting much room because it covers most of my rifle/crossbow needs...I have one Pelican for my camera/GoPro stuff, another for 2 hunting revolvers and the big 1750... This is enough to fill my available, offseason, storage and then some! :lol:

The Pelican's are awesome cases ...just need to figure a way to get Pelican to send me cases for saying "so" and I will have it made!.. :mrgreen:

http://www.pelican.com/us/en/product/watertight-protector-hard-cases/large-case/long-case/1750/
Last edited by MTBighorn on Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GunsiteScout

Post by GunsiteScout »

I forgot how heavy duty the Pelican cases are. Up in Canada they can double as a toboggan if needed. The 1750 might just be the better option in the long run. Plenty big for a crossbow but can be used for rifles as well. I'd still like to see if anyone has pics of one in a 1700.
A co-worker said I should try a 36-42 inch double case from Condor. Its a padded nylon fabric tactical case made for carbines. He said if his Exomax survived being dropped from the same treestand twice a padded case will do just fine. They don't have the same waterproof security as a hard case but they conform better packed in tight spots.
Decisions,decisions....
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

For airport use get the 1750, it's the same as the 1700 but has wheels.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
Strider

Post by Strider »

Did you have to cut the foam in the 1750 to get everything to fit, or do you just compress everything?