Range Finders

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

flightattendant100

Re: Range Finders

Post by flightattendant100 »

Best Bang for the buck. The older boxy style Leica's. You can buy them for 200.00 or less on ebay and they aren't good....they are great! just my dos centavos.
Seezer

Post by Seezer »

For bow hunting, any model will work great. For a crossbow, I don't need one. But I've have bow hunted for a long time. (decades) Rifle hunting long range, they are nice and how much you spend matters.
Matrix 355
Vixen ll
Bowtech Invasion CPX
NAP Products
Mid-80's Honda motorsports
Limbs and Sticks

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

Seezer wrote:For bow hunting, any model will work great. For a crossbow, I don't need one. But I've have bow hunted for a long time. (decades) Rifle hunting long range, they are nice and how much you spend matters.
Never figured why a range finder to shoot as most on here say they do under 40 yards??
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

Limbs and Sticks wrote:
Seezer wrote:For bow hunting, any model will work great. For a crossbow, I don't need one. But I've have bow hunted for a long time. (decades) Rifle hunting long range, they are nice and how much you spend matters.
Never figured why a range finder to shoot as most on here say they do under 40 yards??
Problem is some cannot know what 40 yds is?But you are right..Sighting in using only 20 yard line at 25 yds will hit around 3 inchs low at 40 and high at 10/20 yards..I do not use the yd lines at all not necessary ...But being able to know that Buck is at 40 yds or closer is nice also but seasoned Buck hunter will know his yards easy but some do not have years in woods and cannot tell 40 yards or closer ...But you are correct..I would spend money on air brakes or best custom arrows vrs range finder for archery hunting..Yes we limit our shots to around 35 yards max not changing in 52 years of Buck hunting ..