Excalibur Bulldog 400

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

mchurch

Excalibur Bulldog 400

Post by mchurch »

I have one on order. What broadhead are you guys shooting from them?
Excalibur Revx
Hawke Xb 30 pro
16.5 inch wyverncreations.com zombie slayers
SWAT juggernaut broadhead
ThunderXB

Re: Excalibur Bulldog 400

Post by ThunderXB »

NAP Spitfire 100's have always served me well and I am going to try the Spitfire Maxx 100's (crossbow version).

1 3/4" when open.

I think whatever you favored previously, if it worked for you, it will work out of the 'Dog as well.
Bulldog 400, Hawke XB30, JBK string, Dr S, TriggerT
405 Matrix, XBR, HAA, DM string, TT, ti64
405 Matrix Blackout, XBR, HAA, DM string, TT, ti64
Hunt it
Location: 35 mins North of Lake Erie and 35 mins East of Lake Huron

Post by Hunt it »

Picking my BullDog up this Saturday. The G5 Strikers fly perfectly out of my 380 so that is what I plan to use on BullDog.
Gamikatsu

Post by Gamikatsu »

From a matrix 405 mega owner.... its a 3 step process...

Step 1: Skip all the other stuff. Get Black Eagle Zombie slayers with brass inserts from Danny miller.

Step 2: Shoot 150 GN boltcutters.

Step 3: Kill everything you pull the trigger on....
GAMIKATSU///Edward

Excalibur MEGA 405
440 GN BE Zombie Slayer
379 FPS over prochrono digital
140 Foot Lbs Kinetic Energy
Gamikatsu

Post by Gamikatsu »

mine shoots boltcutters well.
GAMIKATSU///Edward

Excalibur MEGA 405
440 GN BE Zombie Slayer
379 FPS over prochrono digital
140 Foot Lbs Kinetic Energy
bhayward

Post by bhayward »

shooting zombie slayers 150grain bolt cutters. great groups
GrassyKnoll

Post by GrassyKnoll »

mchurch wrote:I have one on order. What broadhead are you guys shooting from them?
I guess it kind of boils down to which arrows are you going to use. The stock arrows will work fine but come with aluminum inserts ( they are light in total grain weight ) which in conjunction with a 100 grain head does not give you a lot of FOC ( front of center balance ) for the arrow. That is why the stock/kit arrows come with a 150 grain field point.. If you are staying with the stock arrows, then I would suggest something in the same total ( 150 ) grain weight as the supplied 150 grain field points.

However, if you are going to buy a different set of arrows, then as said above go with Black Eagle Zombie arrows and prevent the headache before it begins, from Danny Miller.. They will probably come with 110 grain brass inserts ( depending on how long the arrow will be, probably 18" ) which will allow you to use anything in the 100-125 grain weight and still have a proper FOC ( front of center balance point.. Not to be confused with FOC broadheads.. ). Going this route opens up a LOT of broadheads for you to be able to use...
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, Trigger Tech,
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, ^^^
Matrix 380 Blackout with Vortex Viper XBR,
Micro 335 Raid with HHAv Vortex Crossfire II Pro Grade trigger
racking up points

Post by racking up points »

The OP posted this in March...safe to say he's figured out his BH dilemma. :lol:
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
acreek

Post by acreek »

I presently shoot 150 grain Magnus Stingers and Gold Tip Swift Pros. I prefer 100 grain heads from my GT Swift Pros, however, because I get a lot less drop between 40 and 60 yards due to the lower FOC and overall weight. So I'm thinking of switching to Grim Reaper mechanicals at 100 grains.

I'm not inclined to shoot a deer at 60 yards. The reason I like 100 grain heads has more to do with practice shooting and the weight of my mix mash collection of practice bolts. If my hunting bolts wore 100 grain heads I wouldn't have to hold under shooting my lighter overall weight and lower FOC practice bolts.

My Bulldog presently shoots the 420+ grain Swift Pro/Magnus Stinger combo at 352 fps. The lighter stock string sent bolts down range about 4-6 fps faster than the Flemish twist strings I'm shooting now.