Bears are out

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Minnow

Bears are out

Post by Minnow »

Went for a drive with my dad to look for some possible turkey hunting spots on public land and ended up finding some potential bear hunting spots instead

Image[/URL]
Ibex SMF
Zombies
Cheek rest
S5
Stock extender
sproulman

Re: Bears are out

Post by sproulman »

I had bear in yard last night tore down my bird feeders..Usually normal year is about 8 bears in my yard some 500 pds others around 250 here in my area of pa.My friends got 25 bears last season with crossbows here in my area of pa..Another group of friends got 14 bear with crossbows last season...We have 1 week of archery bear in nov....
Boo

Post by Boo »

Why go out of town? My sister in-law saw one crossing the road at Markham and Eglinton this month :mrgreen:
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Minnow

Post by Minnow »

Boo wrote:Why go out of town? My sister in-law saw one crossing the road at Markham and Eglinton this month :mrgreen:
Think anybody would mind if I put a bait pile and hung a stand at the scarborough bluffs? :lol:
Ibex SMF
Zombies
Cheek rest
S5
Stock extender
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

Here in pa you can now shoot bears in your yard as long as you are 50 yds from neighbor or have neighbors permission.. I have bears in yard at times real big one 800 pds was in my yard years ago and was killed that year many over 700 are killed also here...But bear running down streets with arrow in its side isnot nice to see... :shock:
Moejeep

Post by Moejeep »

Hi Minnow.

Which WMU were you in?

Thanks,
Moe
Minnow

Post by Minnow »

Wmu 75 and 76A
Ibex SMF
Zombies
Cheek rest
S5
Stock extender
Minnow

Post by Minnow »

sproulman wrote:Here in pa you can now shoot bears in your yard as long as you are 50 yds from neighbor or have neighbors permission.. I have bears in yard at times real big one 800 pds was in my yard years ago and was killed that year many over 700 are killed also here...But bear running down streets with arrow in its side isnot nice to see... :shock:

A 700-800 lb bear would be an awesome sight!!
Ibex SMF
Zombies
Cheek rest
S5
Stock extender
Moejeep

Post by Moejeep »

Thanks, I will be trying my luck in WMU 56.
fredd

Post by fredd »

Must be nice to see them cause i think they went back in hibernation here in Tobermory with 7'' of fresh snow yesterday. Lol Lol
JUDGE

Post by JUDGE »

fredd wrote:Must be nice to see them cause i think they went back in hibernation here in Tobermory with 7'' of fresh snow yesterday. Lol Lol
I will be up that way come opening day.
Retired from the Working World

MICRO 355
50 CAL Traditions Pursuit
Mosburg 100ATR 30-06
Henry Lever 22lr
Mosburg 500
Savage 243
fredd

Post by fredd »

JUDGE wrote:
fredd wrote:Must be nice to see them cause i think they went back in hibernation here in Tobermory with 7'' of fresh snow yesterday. Lol Lol
Where bouts you hunt up here Judge. Maybe our paths will cross while chasing a big bruin.
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

Minnow wrote:
sproulman wrote:Here in pa you can now shoot bears in your yard as long as you are 50 yds from neighbor or have neighbors permission.. I have bears in yard at times real big one 800 pds was in my yard years ago and was killed that year many over 700 are killed also here...But bear running down streets with arrow in its side isnot nice to see... :shock:

yes,I think biggest was 850 on black bear here not sure...Somesaid they do not exist that big here in pa, THEY DO some are over 700,MANY 550 PDS IN MY AREA average is around 250/300 ..Sadpart is you can shoot cubs Ihate that we had over 100 cubs shot in my area last year some weighted 37 pds......
JUDGE

Post by JUDGE »

fredd wrote:
JUDGE wrote:
Where bouts you hunt up here Judge. Maybe our paths will cross while chasing a big bruin.
PM sent
Retired from the Working World

MICRO 355
50 CAL Traditions Pursuit
Mosburg 100ATR 30-06
Henry Lever 22lr
Mosburg 500
Savage 243
Minnow

Post by Minnow »

sproulman wrote:
Minnow wrote:

yes,I think biggest was 850 on black bear here not sure...Somesaid they do not exist that big here in pa, THEY DO some are over 700,MANY 550 PDS IN MY AREA average is around 250/300 ..Sadpart is you can shoot cubs Ihate that we had over 100 cubs shot in my area last year some weighted 37 pds......

Killing cubs? That's sad. Up here cubs and even mothers with cubs are protected
Ibex SMF
Zombies
Cheek rest
S5
Stock extender