Love This Forum!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

JerseyJeff

Love This Forum!

Post by JerseyJeff »

I'm a new member, and new to crossbows, so I don't have a great deal to contribute, but a whole lot to learn, and this is the place to gain that knowledge.
Just not interested in reading about the latest compound crossbows. Excalibur is "where it's at" for me.
Just needed to express my appreciation for this forum and it's members.

Jeff
Matrix 355
Axiom
NRA
UBNJ
DU
seabee401

Re: Love This Forum!

Post by seabee401 »

Welcome aboard! You're gonna love it here. Congrats on choosing (IMO) the best crossbow money can buy! :wink:
Tom
Phoenix I, Phoenix II, Excocet 200, Vortex, Matrix 350Se, Matrix 330, Matrix 310
wildcatter

Post by wildcatter »

There ar a number here that are more than willing to share their knowledge,,,, welcome aboard and enjoy!!
Hunt Hard or Stay Home!
380 Mad Max, XB-30 Pro 18" ZombiesW/ 125 gr ST
330 Mad Max Custom XB-30 Pro 16" B.E.E. W/100 gr ST
Leica R-1000 - Zeiss 8X42 Conquest HD
On the Hunt for the next!!
hankenhunter

Post by hankenhunter »

Welcome to the forum, Jeff! Ask away and someone will help. And no such thing as a dumb question.
Hank
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

....Welcome aboard JJ.....ah, another member from The People's Republic of New Jersey!....what part of the Republic are you from?

.....this is the place to come to learn....great members who love to teach and teach....a wealth of knowledge and many years of experience!

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
JerseyJeff

Post by JerseyJeff »

My sincere thanks for the warm welcome.
To my fellow members who, for reasons clearly beyond their control, are "stuck" living in Jersey, I'm in Millville, Cumberland County. How 'bout you?
Matrix 355
Axiom
NRA
UBNJ
DU
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Welcome theres many nice people from new jersey and everywere here . You cant have a hurricane sandy wildwood roller coaster picture in your avater picture because anthony a nice fellow new jersry member who just introduced himself already has it in his. ..........or now i dont see it anthony where is your avatar i make fun of it but i love your avatar picture its cool
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
L. E. Carroll

Post by L. E. Carroll »

Welcome aboard....

If you have not picked out your model yet? Find out where Anthony is from you and go visit him :wink: He's been known to have some sweet shootin' Excal's and I'll bet he let you try out a couple models before you lay out $ for one.... Always nice to know what your getting before sending off payment. :D

Anthony is one of the "Good Ones" here.

Gene
Camo Micro 355 w/ XB30 SR Pro & TT trigger
Camo Matrix 380 W/ XB 30SR Pro & a Boo trigger
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Sweet old 73 Bronco ( 2nd Owner)
Scamp tralier
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

JerseyJeff wrote:My sincere thanks for the warm welcome.
To my fellow members who, for reasons clearly beyond their control, are "stuck" living in Jersey, I'm in Millville, Cumberland County. How 'bout you?
....in the Northern part...Bergen County...Fair Lawn...We hunt in the "Blue Ridge Mountains" of NJ known as Stokes :shock: :lol: ...and as Gene said...you are welcome to come up north and try out one of three...Matrix 380, Micro 335 and or an IBEX...I have not ventured into the Excalibur Showroom for a newer 2016 model...have chosen to instead venture off into the shooting and handloading sport....

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
JerseyJeff

Post by JerseyJeff »

Thanks for the offers, fellow 'Jerseyans'. Bought a Matrix 355 for myself, and, because my wife showed an interest in getting her bow license, an Axiom for her. She is thrilled with her ability to shoot 2" groups @ 40 yds! 8)
With my Matrix, I learned quickly not to shoot into the excelsior target butts (salt hay) at my gun club. The bolts whistled right through and buried themselves to the fletching into a dirt bank about 10 yards beyond! :shock: Boy, that never happened with my ol' compound bow. Went out the next day and bought a Yellow Jacket f/p target.

Jeff
Matrix 355
Axiom
NRA
UBNJ
DU
seabee401

Post by seabee401 »

JerseyJeff wrote:My sincere thanks for the warm welcome.
HaHaHa a... So true! :lol: Planning my escape in a few years. Hope I make it across the border to America! :shock: I'm from Sussex County. When I take my Excals for some shootin , I go to the range up by Walpack in " The Blue Ridge Mtns of The Republic" as Anthony so well stated! :lol:
Tom
Phoenix I, Phoenix II, Excocet 200, Vortex, Matrix 350Se, Matrix 330, Matrix 310
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Some good folks here, welcome aboard!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!