WHO ARE YOU!?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

RichardS

WHO ARE YOU!?

Post by RichardS »

I saw this on another forum and thought it mind be fun to do here.

How it works is you post a pic of yourself(ifyouwant) and than you type as much info as you want to give the forum a better idea of what your like.

This is the only pic of me on file...sorry :oops:

Im 19 and currently attending fleming college where I am taking Accounting. When not at school I work for a major epoxy flooring company called Resline. I live on a 100acre hobby farm outside peterborough.

I watch hockey religously! (Go leafs Go)
I play hockey.
I play golf (or try to)
I hunt deer and small game.
I love to fish!
I follow college football Go Carolina Wolf Pack

I enjoy traveling.
Countries I have visited are: US, Mexico, Grand Caymon, Jamica, Haiti, Curaco.
-Richard-

Post by Guest »

...a face only a mother could love. :lol:
GREY OWL

Post by GREY OWL »

Hey RichardS!! I'll back ya buddy. I think its a great idea you got there. Tried to post a picture yesterday, but had no E-mail address. It got wiped out at the computer hospital. Phoning Sasktel today to get another one.

Grey Owl
Ontario Bow Hunter

Post by Ontario Bow Hunter »

I'll back you too Richard,... great idea!

This is me in the Trophy room.....

http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/trophy ... teele.html

I'm 32 years old now and only been hunting for about 10 years although I have been around hunting all my life. I didn't have a father to start me into the sport but fortunately I had friends and their fathers to get me into it.

I enjoy hunting Geese, ducks, partridge, deer and I hope some day I get to go Moose hunting.

Love fishing and ice fishing!

Generally speaking I just love the out-doors.

I love watching and playing hockey,... as much as I can get!

I also love to SCUBA dive, biking, roller blading, baseball (playing and watching) and golf (ONLY playing!). (So you can imagine I've always doing something,... which does not make my girl friend very happy at times!)

I enjoying snowmobiling.

I worked in high tech for almost 10 years in Ottawa with Nortel and JDS but was laid off in March,.. I'm currently in school hoping to make career change!

I also enjoy traveling when I can,... just got back this weekend from A-bay,.. good times! Bolt castle is really cool!

That's all I can think of right now
Last edited by Ontario Bow Hunter on Tue Sep 07, 2004 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TAC

Post by TAC »

This will be my first year of hunting. I always had a desire to go hunting but until last Xmas was living near Toronto and it just wasn't a viable option for me (with a bunch of other factors in the equation).

Last fall my wife tranferred to another school board and once our house sold, I resigned from my full-time job and moved up with her to Burk's Falls, ON.

We rented for a while until we found a place we liked (coincidently exactly 1km down the road from where we were renting) and moved (again!) in June.

Astronomy is my hobby/part-time job and I had an observatory built on the property before we even moved in (we casually knew the previous owners). With 50 acres of bush and very dark skies, I couldn't be happier.

I've always liked the taste of venisin, so I figured this was the perfect time to start hunting. Last year the previous owners had multiple deer all winter wandering around the house. So far I've only been finding beds, tracks and scat on my property but I did see two large bucks cross the road the other day just past our house.

Soon after we moved in I stepped out of my observatory to find a large black bear between myself and the house (about 50 yds apart). I've seen lots at the dump and this was easily the 2nd largest I had seen. I watched it for a bit and then figured the best place to watch it was from inside of the observatory. By the time I took the roof off it was gone.

I recently took my PAL and will be taking my Hunter's Ed. course this weekend. I thought a crossbow would be more of a challenge so that's why I bought an Exomag from Wayne about 2 months ago.

Come next week at this time, I'll be waiting for another bear to meander upto my observatory. ;)

Todd

ecoaster

Post by ecoaster »

Just moved to Ontario three years ago from Nova Scotia. Finally stopped complaining about the big cities around here and got out looking for some hunting/fishing spots. I was a little discouraged with the fishing pressure around the GTA at first, but I have since found some secluded hot spots not too far from here.

I work for a marine construction company, we build docks, breakwalls, pipelines, dredging, that sort of stuff. Last summer we put the pipelines in Lake Ontario for the new cooling project for Toronto. It was kind of a big deal. We got a spot on Frontiers of Construction. I handle all of the postioning systems for our tugs/barges. Basically, I get to cruise around in a 24ft boat all day :D . Of couse my fishing gear is stowed below, just in case :D .

I don't think there is an outdoor activity or sport that I don't like. As long as I can get outside by myself or with good friends, I'm a happy man. This forum has been a gold mine. Last year I half heartedly got out twice for deer hunting. Since I've been on here talking to all of you, the fever is back and stronger than ever.

In the spring I went to a bow shop and shot an exocet and exomag. I've shot vert bows before and was expecting something similar. WOW! was I surprised. These bows are intense. I've saved all my pennies this summer and I'll be getting one this week. I wasen't even this excited when I bought my first motorcycle or truck.

Thanks again to everyone for the advice, stories, photos, etc. Keep em coming!!!

http://www.imagestation.com/mypictures/ ... 4145525138
I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!
wabi

Post by wabi »

I'm 53, live in southern Ohio, and am a self-employed plumber.
Been hunting most of those years (since I was old enough to tag along behind my father), and still spend most of my free time roaming the woods. Seems like my life is occupied by family, work, and hunting, in that order! (but work & hunting are always in a close race for position :wink: )
Here's a pic of me with last year's antlered deer tag filler.
wabi
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Am married, 3 children not at home, 8 Grand children, Profession : Was a Non-Destructive testing engineer, certified level 3. Did Non-Destructive testing at Nuclear Power Plants, U.S.Military on submarines, aircraft, bridges and other structures.

I hunt, fish, paint (air brush) wood working, electronics my hobby.
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
Dan_DE

Post by Dan_DE »

Aliases: Gollum, Trahald, Slinker, Stinker
Date of Birth: 2430 T.A
Race: Hobbit of the Stoor strain
Height: between 3-4 feet, when not hunched over
Alignment: Evil
Hobbies: love fishing, hunting, jewelry

Physical description: Pale dirty skin, thin wispy hair, large pale green eyes which shine like lamps in the dark and aid in keen night vision (great for hunting at dawn and dusk). Withered down to a lean frame of skin and bones, but very strong. :wink:

Sorry I couldn't resist. I don't have a pic of myself that wouldn't crash the server :wink:

But seriously folks...

I'm 45, have a lovely wife (she's looking over my shoulder :wink: ) with two great kids, 17 & 15. I've hunted and fished since I was a kid growing up in Michigan. Moved to DE 20 yrs ago for work I've been an archer from about the age of 12-13, and have been involved as a 4-H shooting sports instructor for many years. I like shooting bows of any type. My general preference is for reflex/deflex longbows, but I've recently taken up crossbow shooting. It's been a lot of fun, and I'm looking forward to hunting with it in SE Pennsylvania this Fall :!:
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

:lol: Dan_DE :lol:
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
GREY OWL

Post by GREY OWL »

Here's a picture of my wife and I, who is a huge part of my life.

I'm 45 years old, have two boys, 12 and 9. I work for the University of Saskatchewan as a Steam Engineer. I'm one of the guys responsible for the heating and cooling of the campus.

I love everything outdoors, especially hunting, quading, snomobiling, fishing, which is mostly done on our property. We have an old trailer on the land which is where we camp when we go there.

Next time I head out, maybe I can take pictures of our paradise.

Grey Owl

Post by Guest »

RichardS,

What's up with the crazy shaved head look? :lol: :lol:
Go hippy, man! :wink:
RichardS

Post by RichardS »

I do a lot of looring at food plants that requre a hair net. I cant stand hairnets especially in cadbury where it is so hot that I just bic my head when I have to work at one.

No Hair=No hair net :D
-Richard-
chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

Shaved is the way to go!!!!!!!!! Who needs hair? No barbers. No hairspray or gel or bed head or fleas or wind blown sun damaged or greying or blowdrying. You're never out of "style". Gillette Atra works for me! I just wish I would bald so I wouldn't have to shave at all. It's been over 10 years since I sat in a barbers chair.

Post by Guest »

= scary man! Real scary!