Shooting exomaX - string pop out!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

gad

Shooting exomaX - string pop out!

Post by gad »

Hi,

Today I was shooting my Max, and the string (fast fligth), was between the two indicative lines on the riser, almost on the first line (next to the bow assembly). On the 5th shot, the string pop out, and the limb makes pressure on the dissipator pads. Re-string it again, shoot it again, and the same goes. Shortening the string, all the other shots was ok, the string remains in place, but, now the dissipator pads are not touching the limbs when the bow is cocked, its 2~3 mm far from the bow, before the string pop out, the dissipator pads touch the limbs when the bow is cocked.

I know that is not normal, and the brace that holds the dissipator pads on place may be bent, althoug I can't see if it is bent just looking at.

Can my bow be damaged anyway?
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

gad, put a stright edge across your dissipator bars and check for stright. When my Exomag is cocked the pads are not touching. Un-cocked the pads do touch. If your bars got bent you can strighten them out.

As far as damage I would not think so, The Excalibur bows can be shot with out the PADS with no damage. Read you paper work but I would think the Max would be the same.
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
gad

Post by gad »

GaryL wrote:gad, put a stright edge across your dissipator bars and check for stright. When my Exomag is cocked the pads are not touching. Un-cocked the pads do touch. If your bars got bent you can strighten them out.

As far as damage I would not think so, The Excalibur bows can be shot with out the PADS with no damage. Read you paper work but I would think the Max would be the same.
GaryL

I was trying to put some pictures here to show the results of the shooting session. One damaged arrow by another! Amazing! But the hunt101.com was not allowing to upload pictures at the moment. If some of you knows another place when I can upload pictures, show me and you will enjoy the shooting with me.

Thanks!
peter p

Post by peter p »

If the string is too close to the riser, it can come off the limbs.
When the exomax is cocked the pads do not touch the limbs. They are about a milimeter or 2 away from the limb.
As for damage to the bars, do what GaryL says and put a straight edge across them and see if they are bent.
gad

Post by gad »

Putting a straigth edge, the bars are not bent. I am just guessing about that, because before this incident, the dissipator pads was touching the limbs when the bow is cocked.

Thank you all!
BigBear

Post by BigBear »

gad wrote:Putting a straigth edge, the bars are not bent. I am just guessing about that, because before this incident, the dissipator pads was touching the limbs when the bow is cocked.

Thank you all!
...try and give the recoil plate srcews another half turn or so, and see what happens....they just might of backed off allitle?..
Excalibur Micro Mag 340
Quill Bolts
125gr Slick Trick broadheads