Why lengthen Bull Dog stock???

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Hunt it
Location: 35 mins North of Lake Erie and 35 mins East of Lake Huron

Why lengthen Bull Dog stock???

Post by Hunt it »

Seems there has been a number of posts re lengthening the Bull Dog stock. I'm thinking why the heck did folks buy a bull pup designed model and then want to lengthen it??? A bull pup is designed to be shorter overall including length of pull. That is the whole intention of Bull Pup design.
I'm wondering if these people are having eye relief issues when mounting scopes as this is only viable reason I can see to attempt to legthen something that is supposed to be short to start with??? If so, the solution is to buy offset rings to move scope forward. If looking for offset rings the best bet is Millett or Weaver in low or medium. The Vortex offsets which I tried, put the scope too high for good cheek weld. Millett is no longer but there are still good supply's of thier rings if you search.
Fazan

Re: Why lengthen Bull Dog stock???

Post by Fazan »

Different strokes for different folks :D
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Hunt it wrote:Seems there has been a number of posts re lengthening the Bull Dog stock. I'm thinking why the heck did folks buy a bull pup designed model and then want to lengthen it??? A bull pup is designed to be shorter overall including length of pull. That is the whole intention of Bull Pup design.
I'm wondering if these people are having eye relief issues when mounting scopes as this is only viable reason I can see to attempt to legthen something that is supposed to be short to start with??? If so, the solution is to buy offset rings to move scope forward. If looking for offset rings the best bet is Millett or Weaver in low or medium. The Vortex offsets which I tried, put the scope too high for good cheek weld. Millett is no longer but there are still good supply's of thier rings if you search.
B-Square makes a decent Weaver style offset ring that is reasonably priced as well. Can be had in different heights. just a thought
Moon

Post by Moon »

Please keep the bullpup specs as they are:-) I'm hoping for shorter eye relief crossbow specific scopes.
Been there Done that