the problem with quality optics

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Carnivorous

the problem with quality optics

Post by Carnivorous »

Once you start using quality optics from the likes of Leupold and Zeiss all other cheap Chinese scopes seem inferior. I see plenty of cheap scopes for sale that I won't even consider buying now.

I have a nice Micro 335 nightmare that needs a scope but will have to wait while I replenish the fun money... :)
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
JUDGE

Re: the problem with quality optics

Post by JUDGE »

I just came back from Caballas in Dundee Mi .
That had a large selection of scopes in their bargan cave at very reasonable pricing. Including Lupold scopes.
Retired from the Working World

MICRO 355
50 CAL Traditions Pursuit
Mosburg 100ATR 30-06
Henry Lever 22lr
Mosburg 500
Savage 243
Boo

Post by Boo »

I agree completely Jeff!
Some people just like stepping on rakes

Post by newbie »

Im with ya Jeff. I own more scopes then bows....
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

Jeff, if you're interested and when you're ready I can see if there are any Vortex Viper XB-R 1MOA crossbow scopes available at a screaming deal. I've now got 3 of them and LOVE them....and I absolutely agree with you. :wink:

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

paulaboutform wrote:Jeff, if you're interested and when you're ready I can see if there are any Vortex Viper XB-R 1MOA crossbow scopes available at a screaming deal. I've now got 3 of them and LOVE them....and I absolutely agree with you. :wink:

Paul
For sure Paul let me know.

Is the below an accurate picture of the Vortex XBR reticle?

I like it except I would think the second yardage marker below the main cross hair should say 30 and not 10...

A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
Hunt it
Location: 35 mins North of Lake Erie and 35 mins East of Lake Huron

Post by Hunt it »

bellerivercrossbowhunter wrote:
paulaboutform wrote:Jeff, if you're interested and when you're ready I can see if there are any Vortex Viper XB-R 1MOA crossbow scopes available at a screaming deal. I've now got 3 of them and LOVE them....and I absolutely agree with you. :wink:

Paul
For sure Paul let me know.

Is the below an accurate picture of the Vortex XBR reticle?

I like it except I would think the second yardage marker below the main cross hair should say 30 and not 10...

It says 10 because they are Minute of Angle amounts - 10 MOA not yards as you may be used to. You have to be able to throw out the yardage mentality and wrap your brains around MOA if you are going to use this scope. I have one on my 380 and LOVE it - it is the best xbow scope out there for any amount. It excels if you want to shoot long distance and want a lighted reticle. Glass and warranty are as good as it gets. It's a 30mm tube and a large scope but a very good one.

Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

Thanks makes sense now. :)
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

Jeff, I thought the exact same thing about the '10' mark. Lol.I was a little intimidated at first but it's really VERY simple once you get it in your hands. Within Canada I can get them for $499.99 + tax + $5.00 shipping to you. If three people are interested the price drops to $449.. It's a lot of money but well worth it. They've discontinued them because not a lot of crossbow shooters were willing to pay the $850 - $900 they were priced at. That's steep for me, so is the $449 I paid, but if there's any way you can do it, go for it! (Holy run on sentence! :oops: ) I've got the Luepold VX-R 3-9X40's but honestly prefer these scopes over them. Just say the word and we'll try to make it happen.

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.