does anyone use 2 blade broadheads

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

icthus153

does anyone use 2 blade broadheads

Post by icthus153 »

i have sighted in my vixen using a 3 blade head put out by cabelas called the f3, it flies great and has a wicked looking tip. on my compound i shoot a 100 grain 2 blade magnus and i was just wondering if anyone shoots two bladers out of their xbows , it would be nice to have one style for both applications
striper

Post by striper »

Icthus: I haven't ever heard much talk about 2-bladers on this forum. I would recommend NAP Spitfires (100gr.) on both your crossbow and your v-bow. Striper
May your days be long and your hunts many. Pray that the God of the Bible will protect you as you go.
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

With the exception of traditional archers, two-bladed broadheads aren't popular nowadays.

Personally, I use 3 and 4 bladed fixed blade broadheads. I've had great results with both the Wasp Hammer SST and the Slick Tricks. They have 3 and 4 bladed heads respectively.
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
ricochet

Post by ricochet »

I just bought 4 blade stingers Saturday for my xbow (and compound). I will let you know how they fly as soon as I get to shoot them. Right now Im waiting on the remnants of the hurricane to get out of here. If you do a search on broadheads on this site you might see that a few people are using them. I hear they fly like darts.
TAC

Post by TAC »

I've found that the Stingers are flying a bit more accurately than the Wasp Boss broadheads I have.

With the Stingers, I'm getting multiple shots within cms of each other from 30 yds. The Wasp's are slightly farther apart.
ricochet

Post by ricochet »

TAC,

Thats good to know. I stood in front of the broadheads at BassPro sat. trying to decide between the wasp boss and stingers and finally went with the stingers, 100gr for compound and 125gr for xbow. I really like the Magnus warranty and how easy it is to sharpen these using the broadhead sharpener, especially after practicing with broadheads so much.
Basel

Post by Basel »

I just purchased a package of Magnus 2 blades. I have used Muzzys in the past but wanted to try the Magnus. I plan to use them on my emag this weekend and see how they fly.
Phil
steven in England

Post by steven in England »

Only used two blades on myself :lol: it was a German Kinetic and they are scary sharp.
Steven
Steven in England
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

:lol: steven in England :lol: :wink:
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

I myself do not use two bladed broad heads any more but sure use to. The trick to using two blade BH is to line them up proper so you do not get a hydroplane effect ie: up/down left/right. From a vert bow this can be corrected with ease, with a xbow I do not know. The style BH I am talking about is like the bear broadhead.
Always learning!!
Home fer now!