Question On Brace height

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Trentco1

Question On Brace height

Post by Trentco1 »

I purchased a new micro 315 about a month ago. the package deal I got,did not incude the R.E.D.S nor the check pice. but they did assemble the bow for me as they have a shooting range there and clocked the arrows at 327fps with 100gr field points. So this past week I picked up the R.e.d.s and went to put them on,but they seemed way to short and no where neer the string. Thought maybe someone switched thing up. Regardless tonight I looked at the extra string that came with the package deal and it said to keep the string back about 1" from the serving. The string that the shop put on for me is about 1-3/4 from the serving thats why the R.e.d.s don't fit. So my question for you guys is, with the string that back from the serving does it make the arrow go faster? and my second question is, if I relax the string or change the string all together do I need to site the bow back in? As its tuned in Purdy good now.
Thanks in andvance
Trent
Micro 355
Hawke xb30 pro scope T&T Triger boo force 10 string Zombie slayers 16.5 arrows c/w right helical blazer vanes aluminum nocks or lumenoks
Micro 315
Tact zone scope force 10 string 16" inch executioner arrows aluminum nocks or lumenoks
Czy_Horse

Re: Question On Brace height

Post by Czy_Horse »

Now just a guess, but I think you may have gotten RED's for the Matrix series bows not the Micro. This is a picture of my 335 Micro with Factory REDS

and my Matrix 380 Lynx with Factory REDS - note the shorter stems on the Matrix

Czy_Horse
Trentco1

Post by Trentco1 »

They are the right ones.
I took them back to see if that was the case. This morning I put a Measureing tape on it and it's 2" back from the serving where it should be 1" that's why they don't work. Here is a picture. Now what do I do?
It won't let me add the picture it says the file is to big. Maximum allowed size is 500kib How do I fix that too lol
Trent
racking up points

Post by racking up points »

Trentco1 wrote:They are the right ones.
I took them back to see if that was the case. This morning I put a Measureing tape on it and it's 2" back from the serving where it should be 1" that's why they don't work. Here is a picture. Now what do I do?
It won't let me add the picture it says the file is to big. Maximum allowed size is 500kib How do I fix that too lol
Trent
The serving is the black material on the string. It protects it against abrasion. Are you trying to say that after installing the REDS, your string is 2" off those rubber bumpers?

To answer another part of your post, when you make brace height adjustments and change strings, your point of impact can change and minor scope adjustments may be necessary. This becomes really easy to do once you gain some experience so don't worry about how well it is "tuned-in" now.
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits

Post by newbie »

what do you mean when you say serving? the string will be ahort out of the box they need to settle in a bit.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
Trentco1

Post by Trentco1 »

Sorry guys. Incase you didn't notice. I'm a newbee. Trying to post picture as its Thousand words
But I keep getting this
The file is too big, maximum allowed size is 500 KiB.
Micro 355
Hawke xb30 pro scope T&T Triger boo force 10 string Zombie slayers 16.5 arrows c/w right helical blazer vanes aluminum nocks or lumenoks
Micro 315
Tact zone scope force 10 string 16" inch executioner arrows aluminum nocks or lumenoks
racking up points

Trentco1 wrote:Sorry guys. Incase you didn't notice. I'm a newbee. Trying to post picture as its Thousand words
But I keep getting this
The file is too big, maximum allowed size is 500 KiB.
No need to apologize, there are plenty of knowledgable people willing to help. To post photos, you'll need to host them in photobucket or a similar online photo sharing app. Do search on this forum for details.

Maybe you can take another pass at explaining your problem? Otherwise, verify you have the correct bumper "stems" or shoot the string to get it to stretch. They take some time to settle. Good luck and welcome to Excalibur crossbows, you're going to love it.
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
Trentco1

Post by Trentco1 »

All right I got the picture thing worked out now. This is what I was talking about. I've probably fired 80/100 darts out of this micro 315 sense I got it 3 weeks ago last weekend and the sting I don't think has stretched at all.
[/img][URL=http://s465.photobucket.com/user/trents ... .jpeg.html]Image.
Another picture will fallow after this one
Micro 355
Micro 315
Trentco1

Post by Trentco1 »

Anyways
was out trying to fill my tag as its the last day of turkey season.
I heard a pinging noise coming from my bow as it was cooked with a dart in it looking it over I noticed my left limb was starting to separate and before long It snapped. It completely put a damper on the last day of my hunt;(
[/img][URL=http://s465.photobucket.com/user/trents ... m.jpg.html]Image
Err
Micro 355
Micro 315
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

Should I write here or just sit back and wonder?
Trentco1

Post by Trentco1 »

I would like to hear what others have to say
has anyone else had this kind of issues with the new micro series!
Micro 355
Micro 315
racking up points

I have never seen a Micro limb failure like that one, with a clean break right at the riser. Did you forget to load a "dart" while shooting? :lol: Sorry, I couldn't resist, they're arrows.

I'm at a loss...no idea how that could happen. Especially because it started to delaminate slowly, that was a common failure on the old limbs...happened twice to me. A slow delamination followed by an abrupt and rather clean shearing of the limb is new territory for me.

Is that string broken at the loop?
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
Trentco1

Post by Trentco1 »

No dry shooting!
Don't think could even if you wanted to with the Adf System.
But thinking back When I was out hunting Saturday and it was a smoking hot day I did hear that pinging sound to. Just didn't relate it to my bow. I will send a picture of the limb tonight when I get home as it was delaminating. So that what the old ones did?
Micro 355
Micro 315
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

Wow i have never seen or heard of a limb breaking like that!! No worries though Excalibur will have back up and shooting in no time!!
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Wow, that limb went snap! :lol: Something about those micros.
Matrix 355 w/Tact Zone
Vortex w/Varizone