Riser trading

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

canoe13

Riser trading

Post by canoe13 »

Okay, I have a Micro 335 mounted in a custom stock but want a Micro 315. So , if I bought a new 315 could I just swap risers with my 335. I want to keep my 335 rail since it is already been modified to fit my wood stock. Are there any problems with this idea that I just don't know yet?
Mag Air
Sig Sauer Romeo 5
Excalibur Quills
Tooth of the Arrow broadheads
Vixenmaster strings
Carnivorous

Re: Riser trading

Post by Carnivorous »

The Micro 315 riser will fit the first generation Micro 335 mainframe perfectly. Both those mainframes are exactly the same in length also.
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
racking up points

Post by racking up points »

The 315 would become a Micro 335 with that Gen 1 riser...interesting. When new bows are launched sometimes you need to buy a whole bow to get the part you need. :?
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

racking up points wrote:The 315 would become a Micro 335 with that Gen 1 riser...interesting. When new bows are launched sometimes you need to buy a whole bow to get the part you need. :?
Correct. If you want to play you sometimes have to pay the long dollar!!!!!!!lol
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

Speaking of riser swaps. If I put my first generation Micro 335 riser on my Micro 355 mainframe it will make it in to a Micro Maximus 375. Only problem with that is I would need a crank to get the thing cocked.... :)
racking up points

Post by racking up points »

bellerivercrossbowhunter wrote:Speaking of riser swaps. If I put my first generation Micro 335 riser on my Micro 355 mainframe it will make it in to a Micro Maximus 375. Only problem with that is I would need a crank to get the thing cocked.... :)
This is the Micro that keeps me awake at night...I'd get the Gen 1 Micro riser anodized in black and slap a Nitemare stock on it. Badass 8). I saw one set up just like that and cocked another that was similar...both drew more # than my MicroMax360. It can be done.
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
Normous

Post by Normous »

bellerivercrossbowhunter wrote:Speaking of riser swaps. If I put my first generation Micro 335 riser on my Micro 355 mainframe it will make it in to a Micro Maximus 375. Only problem with that is I would need a crank to get the thing cocked.... :)
I'll take it :mrgreen:
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

Normous wrote:
I'll take it :mrgreen:
I'll bring the parts to Bear camp so we can have some fun with it and my spare limbs too. :)
L. E. Carroll

Post by L. E. Carroll »

You may have to Bring Shack O'Neal to bear camp to draw it back without a crank ? :lol: :lol: Do you have any idea of a suspected draw weight?

As to a 315 Riser on a gen 1 335 rail, ( if that's what you presently have in your stock? ) Being the same length as the rails presently used in making a Micro 315, Yes It should be very do-able and end up as a Micro 315 in a "Custom" Stock...

Gene
Camo Micro 355 w/ XB30 SR Pro & TT trigger
Camo Matrix 380 W/ XB 30SR Pro & a Boo trigger
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Sweet old 73 Bronco ( 2nd Owner)
Scamp tralier
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

[quote="L. E. Carroll"]You may have to Bring Shack O'Neal to bear camp to draw it back without a crank ? :lol: :lol: Do you have any idea of a suspected draw weight?

They won,t need a crank they got Norm!
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen

Post by newbie »

mr meat wrote:
L. E. Carroll wrote:You may have to Bring Shack O'Neal to bear camp to draw it back without a crank ? :lol: :lol: Do you have any idea of a suspected draw weight?

They won,t need a crank they got Norm!
x2
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!