Which rangefinder mounts for Tact-Zone scope

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

monstermash

Which rangefinder mounts for Tact-Zone scope

Post by monstermash »

Hi all, was reading about different rangefinders and the mounts. Some fit these scopes and others not. Trying to find out if there's rangefinder mounts that will fit the Tact-Zone scope? I imagine that perhaps it depends on the rangefinder itself?
tks
MM
Matrix Mega 405
monstermash

Re: Which rangefinder mounts for Tact-Zone/Twilight DLX sc

Post by monstermash »

Tried for half an hour to post pics, like pulling teeth on this site to post pics. Anyway, I was able to mount the #1975 mount from Excalibur on my Twilight DLX scope to accommodate a vertical rangefinder. Not sure why Excalibur says you can't mount it on the DLX? My son has a Tactzone, my next venture. Keep in mind I had to swap out the 28mm mounting ring that comes with the kit, for a 30mm ring for the DLX.
I mounted it for a vertical rangefinder, to mount a Horizontal rangefinder, you'll have to file down the bottom of the mount and maybe a bit on top of the scope mount also. I did and was able to mount the #1975 to accommodate a horizontal rangefinder also if needed.
I'm posting this to help others that may want to mount a rangefinder to their xbows.
Matrix Mega 405
monstermash

Re: Which rangefinder mounts for Tact-Zone scope

Post by monstermash »

Woo hoo, finally got a pic up on the board. The rangefinder mount on a Twilight DLX scope. I tie wrapped it temporarily until I stick the velcro.

Matrix Mega 405