34%
Master Degree
9%
Doctorate
2%

Total votes: 44

striper

Post by striper »

Bachelors degree in chemistry. Worked in synthesis of medicinal drugs for 40 years. Striper
May your days be long and your hunts many. Pray that the God of the Bible will protect you as you go.
Hi5

Post by Hi5 »

Bachelor of Arts (History & Political Science) 1967
Bachelor of Laws 1970
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.
chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

1 year animal care program at college (all I could afford was one year). 10 years on the job training veterinary assistant/technician. Now I start all over again, minus the school.

11 years away from parents sure teaches you a lot! Some advice to anyone still living at home, take advantage of it while you can, put some money away, buy some furniture, and make sure you have a job before you leave.
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

Attended York U. for 2.5 yr (psychology, anthropology), only to take a job with a major public transportation company, first as a planner/scheduler, and then co-ordinator technical support and development. Now, retired after 30 years.
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
giddyup

education

Post by giddyup »

Been a whitetail biologist for the last 20 years or so. I have to update my degree every fall with a stack of mags. close to the turlet. :lol:
giddyup

Post by giddyup »

giddyup was skeeter.Computer fried.
cdngunner....

Post by cdngunner.... »

College diploma Computer Systems Technology (Computer consultant)
Industrial Electrician 442

and currently trying to get my Electronic Technician Diploma!!!
Jim C

Post by Jim C »

BA Yale College-Political Science
Doctor of Law (JD) Cornell University
MS-Industrial and Labor Relations-New York School of Industrial and labor Relations-Cornell University

and most importantly :D

NFAA-MASTER COACH-National Level
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

I must say, we are a well eduma-cated bunch. We even know a little bit about crossbows. However, I was thinking, if Shania Twain was a member would she say/sing. "That don't impress me much". :lol:

After all it's not the amount of formal education one has, but how one utililize it. In alot of cases those coming from the SOHK, end up being the most grounded and sucessful.
ComfyBear
ComfyBear Strings

Dan_DE

Post by Dan_DE »

Comfy Bear - Hear Hear! My Dad had only an 8th grade education, but over his 82 years went from being the son of a Saskatchewan homesteader to being a sharecropper in the States to being of a successful farmer, who put his kids through private school and colleges resulting an assortment of eight children: 2 farmers, 1 builder, 1 game warden, 1 college professor, 1 small business owner, 1 nurse & 1 scientist (the knucklehead of the family) :wink:

My hat's off to all the graduates of the SOHKs :!:
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

Dan_DE,
That's a good assortment of prodigny, you all must of made your daddy proud.

BTW, the knucklehead, would that by any chance be you? :lol:
ComfyBear
ComfyBear Strings

Dan_DE

Post by Dan_DE »

Thanks Comfybear,

Dan

aka "knucklehead" :lol:
RichardS

Post by RichardS »

I am currently in my second year of college, majoring in accounting. I am also working on my CGA designation as we speak.
-Richard-

Post by Guest »

Hope I did'nt ruffle any feathers with this poll. I was just curious about our members here.
Sure enough, the poll indicates a much higher education level than the general population of the US and I suspect the same of Canada.
That being said, I have many, many blue collar friends with High School educations that have done very, very well for themselves.

Thanks to all who contributed. :)

Do yall want me to put a time limit on this poll, so it goes away in a day
or two??

PS. My late Pa was the first of his family to attend college, after serving in the Korean Conflict. He went on to become a Cardiologist. Ma has a Psychology degree.
My folks raised four children: Big Bro is about to get his doctorate in Enviromental Eng. Big Sis is a lawyer with a Masters degree in ESL.
Little Sis is a RN, and the black sheep of the family has a BS in Electrical Eng.
I'm the only one to serve my country out of high school. Pa was very proud of that fact.
Believe me,.. I am the Black Sheep. :lol: :lol: I'm not sure, but they may have adopted me from the woods after being raised for a while by a pack of wolves. :lol:
It's very possible that the storke dropped me in the forest before he could reach the homestead. :wink: :lol: