Doe tags

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Butt

Doe tags

Post by Butt »

HI fella's, phoned in this morning to get doe tag results (1-800-288-1155)and got my doe tag for WMU 62 (31%)on first choice. I hunt this area rifle season. There's seven in our gang and most of the time we get one or two tags for that area.Lots of does in this area can't understand why such a low percentage of tags given out to this WMU. I bowhunt WMU 67 which is right across the highway and it is 100% first choice :?, but I'm thankful to get my tag for 62. :D :D . Are you guys getting the tags you wanted?
stump

doe tag

Post by stump »

I was successful in getting a doe tag for 63A. I also have an extra tag for 63B, but am still trying to find land to hunt there. Seems like most land owners don't want anyone to hunt their property, but everyone I talked to complained about deer doing crop damage and/or creating a driving hazard. If anyone knows of any hunter freindly landowners in that WMU who wouldn't mind a bowhunter on their property, please let me know.
ecoaster

Post by ecoaster »

Got mine for WMU 87 :D . No big surprise, it's 100% here. :roll: I'll be looking for the one with a big rack, but they all taste the same on the BBQ. :twisted:
I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!
Shakky

Post by Shakky »

I got mine for area 78. Haven't got a deer for three years now so I could really use the meat. We are keeping one tag back just in case the monster shows up. Not long now. Good luck guys.
RichardS

Post by RichardS »

I got mine for across the street 75 and my brother got his for 73 so we can party hunt on our land or the 600 acres I have use of accross the street.
-Richard-
devilsedge

Post by devilsedge »

I Got mine for 74b and I have an extra tag for 73, 71, & 74a.
shoot straight stay late.

Post by Guest »

Hi Guys: I got mine for 64A, plus there are 6500 extra tags up for grabs for antlerless only, at $34 a pop mind you! Butt did you realize there are extra tags for 67 buck or doe? You probably already knew that I suspect. I don't anticipate buying many extra ones, maybe one; last year I filled 5 tags(WMU 64A) one of those being my extra and the rest were gang members and I also filled one for a friend in 64B. That was an exceptional year and I had lots of time to do it in. This year I'm back in school again for some retraining so I won't have quite as much time but I still look forward to it. Good luck to all.
Regards,
Doug
Doug the Slug

Post by Doug the Slug »

That's me above, forgot to sign in. Don't want to offend anybody. P.S.- A bag of apples a day keeps the deer near!
Regards,
Doug
xboman

doe tag

Post by xboman »

Antlerless tag is in the mail for WMU 43B Manitoulin Island in my case.

Opening Day of bow: Saturday Oct 2nd. 2004

I can smell the air
See the landscape

I see myself with my hunting clothes on
As I am leaving and closing the camp door behind me

I will sleep in the tree stand....If the sun is too warm
Beer will be savored....& deserved....and my food will taste better

The'll be a glow in my eyes and a smile on my face
......................................................................................

I leave you with this:

"The deer camp experience consists of three elements: anticipation, realization, and reminiscence.

We all dream of that lucky and radiant opening day when amisdt our traditional deer camp surroundings, the early-rising eastern sun casts its shining glint of light upon the branching antlers of a mighty whitetail as he browses his way into our sights."

Robert Wegner - Deer and Deer Hunting Book 2 - 1987