1000+ Killed, many, many, many more maimed for life.

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Post by Guest »

I lost a school mate on May 25th 2004 in Iraq.
Vermont Army National Guardsman Sgt. Kevin Sheehan 36, was killed in a mortar attack 25 miles south of Baghdad.
He was a big jolly Irishman who left a family with young children.
In addition, he was a Civil Engineer for a private eng. firm before being called up for service.
How many more must die??
Last edited by Guest on Wed Sep 08, 2004 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Carl I feel for you, but the TRUE answere is no one knows ! I have relatives and close friends over there. You Are Not Alone!!
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
GonHuntin

Post by GonHuntin »

Carl

Every person in the military faces a chance of death, it's part of the job they sign on for........they weren't drafted, they volunteered.......I appreciate the sacrifice your friend made and I truly wish it had never happened......I hate it that anyone has to die for their country!

When I see you criticizing Bush, I have questions.........would we be better off if Gore was President? Would the world be better off if Sadam was still in power??? Where was your outrage when Sadam was killing hundreds of thousands of people from his own country? Is your friend's life worth more than the lives of those people? Should we have left Hitler, Sadam and all the other murderous dictators in power? Remember, Bush didn't take us to war on his own.......no president ever does that by himself!

In a couple of months, we have to decide who will be President of the country for the next 4 years........you need to ask yourself.......will we be better off with Bush or Kerry??? Unfortunately, we only have two viable choices...........

I'll go on record to say that I don't trust any politician! I don't trust anyone that wants a job because of the power that comes with it!
Shakky

Post by Shakky »

Carl, your friend did do some good in this world and I'm sorry for your loss.
Last edited by Shakky on Thu Sep 09, 2004 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
GonHuntin

Post by GonHuntin »

Shakky

I don't believe I compared the two........I simply placed them both in the catagory of murderous dictators........if Sadam was still in power, he would still be killing people......

Should the US have more troops in Afganistan and fewer in Iraq??? I don't know the answer to that question, and neither do you.......unless you have the same access to intelligence reports that Bush and his advisors have........then criticizing their decisions is simply armchair quarterbacking!

I'm sure you could fix everything that is wrong in a matter of weeks if you were in charge of things! :lol:
Newbi

Post by Newbi »

Gentlemen, I would suggest that this thread should end right here and be taken to a Polictical Forum. There are some of us who are going to adamently disagree with some of the view already posted. I AM ONE OF THEM. I don't want to see another thread blow up into name calling and nasty remarks, and this one will if it continues. Guarentteed.
QUANDO OMNI FLUNKUS MORITATI (When all else fails, Play dead)
Genesis 27:3
Shakky

Post by Shakky »

deleted
Last edited by Shakky on Thu Sep 09, 2004 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Howard

Post by Howard »

I didn't support the US going into Iraq. Not on principle, but rather because the idea that any of the countries of the Middle East could ever be democratized is ridiculous. Not that my opinion counts for much. Or the opinion of my once proud country.
On the other hand, as bad an idea as I thought the invasion was, brave Americans are dying in Iraq, and I won't trample on their graves. I guess it's a little harder to be completely antiwar when your cousin (mine, that is) served there in 2003.
tkstae

Post by tkstae »

Very well put Newbie. This Forum is filled with good men that have a common intrest in hunting, and the great outdoors. This is a place I come to learn, laugh, and enjoy.

Post by Guest »

Newbie,

You don't have to open and post to any thread here. You can just ignore it and go on to another post that catches your interest.
We are a forum of friends. I don't see the harm in posting the loss of a serviceman.
It seems as though our society has become numb to the 1000+ lives lost in Iraq.
But when someone you know has been blown to bits by a mortar shell, it really hits home. :(
Fur & Feathers

Post by Fur & Feathers »

Carl,
I'm sorry about your friend. We have someone we care about over there for his 2nd time. When he was home we spoke about Iraq. He said he had lost friends there. He also said if we didn't finish the job that the soldiers who were injured or killed will have sacrificed for nothing. Their lives would have been wasted. I agree with him. We have to finish this.
Get out & Enjoy.
cdngunner...

Post by cdngunner... »

Carl although I respect your opinion, I was in the reserves, and any man who joins the mititary can at any point be asked to put their lives on the line.

As for Iraq? Well you have to look at the bigger picture.

Look at all the people who have been Murdered by Islamic extremeists.
Leo in Ga

Post by Leo in Ga »

Carl, I deeply regret the loss of your friend and have no problem with you sharing your grief with your friends on here :(

As a 20 year Veteran and a very concerned citizen I have very STRONG feelings about the political/military situations in my country and others.

I do air my feelings at various political sites thruout the internet.

But, because of my RESPECT for the members of this hunting/crossbow site ..."I CHOOSE" ... to NOT subject them to my political views about my country or theirs :)

leo
Ontario Bow Hunter

Post by Ontario Bow Hunter »

Carl I feel there is nothing wrong with your post,... you’re reaching out to everyone here and you certainly have my deepest condolences,.. may time heal your heart.

Also I would like to say that your friend is very courageous,... god bless him,.. god bless the rest of the troops,... god bless the other nations that have the courage to go after these people and stop their activities such as 9\11, and what happened in Russia. I truly believe that these horrible acts will continue to happen unless some action is taken. I only wish Canada could get involved now before we get involved the hard way (i.e. a 9\11 type act on us)

My disclaimer:

Since some views on this thread have all ready touch the boundaries of good taste and class...... the above views are my personal opinions I will not debate them! If you don't feel the same way, I don't care, and will not respond to posts regarding them.
Dan_DE

Post by Dan_DE »

Carl, my condolences to you on the loss of your friend. Dan