Exomax or Exomag??? Looking for your comments!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

kidcoltoutlaw

do they sell the riser

Post by kidcoltoutlaw »

I wonder if it is worth it i get 332 fps out of my exomag thanks,keith
kev

Post by kev »

I can cock my Emag by hand, not something I like to do for extended shooting. I finally tried the Emax by hand with gloves and it's to much for me. :shock: Also stringing the Max without a rope stringer is a chore. I have no problem stringing the regular prods.
I sure like the extra punch of the Max with the heavy arrows though. :D
Philip W.

Post by Philip W. »

After reading many posts on this forum for a while, I went with the Max.

Main reason was flatter trajectory and a little more speed that would help make up for any possible string jump that might occur.

I love the bow and it wicked accurate.

My only complaint (and not really a valid one as it is just the design of the bow) is that I have noticed a good bit of vibrational noise from the monster. I have checked and re-checked all the bolts for the proper tightness and have just chocked it down to massive power is going to make noise.
johnbuck9

exomag-exomax

Post by johnbuck9 »

I own both the mag and max, and I love them both, true the max is a power house too load by hand , with a cocking aid not a problem, I myself do not load any because of health cond. bur have very good hunting buddies that do tis for me, Iam very fortunate but if you want flatness, speed, and raw power the max, a good frend of mine just got off the phone with Dan Miller that just got home from an elk hunt and said that all te elk they shot fell in sight , and the one fella dropped his in its tracks, thats power, but like other fellas said, the exocet will pass thru all the deer you will ever want too shoot, its a matter of your choice, you can't go wrong with any of them, all great bows,
Last year I shot 5 whitetails from 12 yards too 45yards, complete passes on all of them with my mag and only found one bolt after the shot and that was the 12 yard shot , it was sticking out of a tree about 10 yards up from where it passed through the deer,
jump string, I myself have not seen that happen yet!
Have fun and good luck too you, you can't go wrong with any of them. :D
Woodsman

Post by Woodsman »

Try tightening up the dissapator pads some more. It should get rid of most of the vibration.
Pete

The great outdoors is where I want to be.