Mid range scope options

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Minnow

Mid range scope options

Post by Minnow »

Just read a long thread about scopes on here and their was a lot of comparisons of high end scopes to stock Excalibur. Now I would love to own a crossbones or xb30 but they ar probably more than double what I could spend. I currently own an ibex smf and have the stock scope on it (cheapest they make). I don't wanna spend more than $200 cdn but would go to $250 if I really liked something. So my options that I'd like to here some opinions on are
-redfield revenge
-Hawke xb1sr
-Nikon bolt(no speed ring)
-twilight dlx (good deal at al flaherty's)
Any advise and alternate suggestions would be appreciated
Ibex SMF
Zombies
Cheek rest
S5
Stock extender
Sparkey

Re: Mid range scope options

Post by Sparkey »

The DLX for 159 shipped is a great deal. I have personally never used it, but hear it is the best glass of all the Excal scopes.

I have a Redfield ABS Crossbow. Very nice and great glass but again, it is a bigger scope.

What crossbow are you putting the scope on ? Reason I ask is the DLX or Redfield on a micro would look monstrous.

I have been debating buying a micro 315. Woody's has a barebones bow for 625.00. If I did that, I'd take my TZ off the 350LE and put it on the micro and then put the redfield on the 350LE.
Parker Challenger
Gen-1 Micro 335 Camo
Matrix Cub
Bear Legion Compound
Minnow

Post by Minnow »

I have an ibex which is the Exo series size so big isn't a problem, the redfield is the one I'm most interested in becaus it seems to have all the stuff I'd like in an upgrade like the speed ring, decent glass, good warranty and I think it's an illuminated rectical (is it?). I heard Nikon has great glass for the price but no speed ring or illumination. That twilight is a screaming deal at $159 cdn but reviews kinda scare me
Ibex SMF
Zombies
Cheek rest
S5
Stock extender
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Leupold 1-4x shotgun w heavy duplex. Hands down! My fave scope to hunt with. Or there is a used Crossbones on the Trading Post for less than 2 bills!
L. E. Carroll

Post by L. E. Carroll »

Even though the Nikon Bolt has no speed ring.... it is just about perfectly dialed in for a bow in the speed range of yours... I had one on a Axiom which is also a 305 fps model and it was awesome.....for their price, you will find nothing even close to their quality.....

I do have XB30's and a Crossbones and the " Bolts " quality and crisp optics are right up there with both of them..... there are lots of Nikon Bolt's out there, but you see very few ever hit the "Classifieds" for a good reason.....Very few who own one ever lets go of it. 8)

BTW, that's a Bolt on the 355 Matrix in my avatar picture with the bull. :wink:
Gene
Camo Micro 355 w/ XB30 SR Pro & TT trigger
Camo Matrix 380 W/ XB 30SR Pro & a Boo trigger
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Sweet old 73 Bronco ( 2nd Owner)
Scamp tralier
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Go with the Redfield Revenge, you won't be sorry.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Quintehunter

Post by Quintehunter »

Just picked up a Nikon Bolt @ Canadian Tire in Belleville a couple days ago for under $200 taxes in. It was on sale, but I'm not sure if it was a local store sale or chain wide...
Sparkey

Post by Sparkey »

Minnow wrote:I have an ibex which is the Exo series size so big isn't a problem, the redfield is the one I'm most interested in becaus it seems to have all the stuff I'd like in an upgrade like the speed ring, decent glass, good warranty and I think it's an illuminated rectical (is it?). I heard Nikon has great glass for the price but no speed ring or illumination. That twilight is a screaming deal at $159 cdn but reviews kinda scare me
The Redfield Revenge ABS Crossbow is not an illuminated scope, but it is Nitrogen filled and has fully multi-coated optics plus a lifetime warranty to original purchaser. I was fortunate enough to get one from Cameraland NY for $79.99USD shipped a month ago.
Parker Challenger
Gen-1 Micro 335 Camo
Matrix Cub
Bear Legion Compound
Rather-B-Huntin

Post by Rather-B-Huntin »

PM or email me ([email protected]) for some good prices on scopes.
I currently have New In Box Redfield Revenge & Excalibur Tact Zone scopes, and a pre-owned yet still Like New In Box Leupold Crossbones for sale.
THE HUNTER'S ZONE
Best Deals on Excalibur Crossbows and Accessories in the Eastern USA!!! Check us out on Facebook!
Hi5

Post by Hi5 »

Minnow, why don't you just buy the one that the guys from Excalibur were dragging behind the Quad?

If the cruelty they inflicted didn't break that scope, THAT'S the one to get. Not one like it. You want that very same scope.
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.
Eck

Post by Eck »

Another vote for a Nikon Bolt here. Nothing fancy, just reliable and bright.
Micro 335
Matrix 380
Boofest 2016 Matrix 330
Trigger Techs all around
125 gr. QAD Exodus (Micro) 100 gr Slicks otherwise
Strings by Vixenmaster
Arrows by Xcaliber
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

Nikon bolt scopes around 139/145 dollars tyd..

hawke sb30 pro 299.00...
racking up points

Post by racking up points »

In that price range, a used Crossbones is the best option. It's lighter, speed adjustable, has better glass/higher resale value and comes with a lifetime warranty that you'll never need to use. Even if it means saving some cash and delaying the purchase, (hunting season is still months away), it appears to be the scope that best suits the criteria you set out.
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

racking up points wrote:In that price range, a used Crossbones is the best option. It's lighter, speed adjustable, has better glass/higher resale value and comes with a lifetime warranty that you'll never need to use. Even if it means saving some cash and delaying the purchase, (hunting season is still months away), it appears to be the scope that best suits the criteria you set out.
The Nikon is s fine scope but.... If you can buy a used Leupold for same money( you can) it would be silly not to. Leupolds warranty is forever to whomever owns it. Don't be afraid to buy a clean used Leupold.two in Trading Post for less than two bills.
Sparkey

Post by Sparkey »

http://pickabow.com/best-crossbow-scope-reviews/

Detailed reviews for each of the listed scopes.
Parker Challenger
Gen-1 Micro 335 Camo
Matrix Cub
Bear Legion Compound