Exomax problems??

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Bunk1

Exomax problems??

Post by Bunk1 »

Hey guys, love the max, it is amazing. Just one more quality product. I am having a bit of a problem with the serving on my string separating, I think it is from usuing the cocking aid. It seems that the serving separates at the corner or "pinch point". Also, I wondering if anyone else finds the bow making loud snap when you pull the trigger or on the release. The string has the clearance at the end of the stroke, everything seems to be tight. Has anyone noticed that thier bow seems to be quite noisy? I guess I should have mine shot beside another Exomax or "mag" to see if there is a difference.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
Brent
BUCKSHOT

Just a Thought

Post by BUCKSHOT »

I don't know which type of string you have but you can get a beauty, hand served flemish string from bj. They seem to be tougher than the others. They cost a little more but you will get more life out of them!
You should make sure that you don't have any rough edges on your bow or your cocking aid, I had the same problem except that the sreving was getting roughed up at the latch on the trigger. I took some really fine emery cloth and went over everything, and the problem disappeared! I also make a point of waxing every twenty to thirty shots. I think this helps IMO.
I went to a shoot with a couple of guys who had Max's and they seem to shoot a little louder to me than the Vixen, for obvious reasons. The speed of the bolt will compensate for extra noise, but you should make sure everything is good and tight. This done all should be o.k!
Enjoy the Harvest!
dw

Post by dw »

my exomax ate up my first string serving in 50 shot, it was a custom string from bj. i unstrung the bow, loosened up the limb bolts and pushed them up away from the rail. they only move just a little. so far so good i have over 60 shots on string #2. i called excalibur on tuesday and they said they have not had a problem with string wear but if i keep having problems to send it back to them and they would check it out and take care of it.
"dw"
"you gotta love it"
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

dw at what point was your string wear :?: the two threads in this post read as: Serving parting from cocking aid and one as possible wear from rail rub.
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
dw

Post by dw »

mine was from rail rub on the right side
"dw"
"you gotta love it"
sbill

Exomax problem

Post by sbill »

I got short serving life 125-150 shots on m first string, a customer don`t have to begin to made this type of tuning : polishing and some other adjustements on a new crossbow , they should left Excalibur in good shape, i begin to think that Exomax put lot of pressure on serving , may be these type of serving is to weak for whistand the pressure of Exomax
STEELWORKER

Post by STEELWORKER »

one more thing to check is make sure the serving itself is divided equally across the deck. when i first got my exomag the serving wasn't centered with the deck resulting in the cocking aid constantly riding on the knot on the serving...i wore my serving in 20 shots the way it was. i put my backup string on and it was perfectly centered, the cocking aid rested more towards the center away from the knot...........hope this helps and goodluck bud!---------STEEL
Dale Duryea

Post by Dale Duryea »

My MAX ate a bunch of strings at the serving I called Dan Miller And He had me send it back it ate around 6 to 8 in about 30 or so shots mine was destroying the serving on the left side I don't think it was the cocking rope .Anyway Dan looked at it and shot it He came up with the section where the bow connects to the stock there was a sharp spot and he had me set the string back about 1and half inches or set the string an eighth to a quarter of a inch behind the scribe lines that seemed to solve the problem . then two weeks ago I was shooting and I looked at the limbs and found that the left one split lenghth wise near the center . I just got the replacement bow tonite have not shot it yet .maybe some of the problems a few of the Max's are having is due to the pressure that the limbs have on them when it is cocked . just something to think about.
Dale Duryea
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

I am sure Mr. Bill T. will find the solution to the problem's that some of the Max's are having! I am sure gonna look mine over when it arrives real good with a Xglass before I assemble it. New item, new problems just like new cars :wink:
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
Partikle

Post by Partikle »

My ExoMax has been worry free so far. Except for the time I dry fired it. :roll:
axis

ExoMax....

Post by axis »

There is ware on my string, right where it locks on my string. I have about 90 shot on my crossbow. My bolt, weight in at 400gr. Dan Miller said that would be better for the ExoMax,a little more weight to push on. Its still fast. That's the only thing going on with my ExcMax.

Aloha,Axis
Bunk1

Post by Bunk1 »

Thanks guys, Dale, what you describe is exactly what I have happening. Will take a good look at the bow tomorrow and see if thats the case with mine. It may actually be making contact with something but the spot where it is separating is on the left side for the most part. Too close to the season to start sending parts back!!! YIKES!! I couldn't sleep at night knowing I may not be in action next month LOL.
Thanks again guys,
Brent
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Man you-all making me a little NERVOUS on my soon to be here ExoMax that is getting named the "MONSTER"

Sure am concerned about serving ware and string rub. Also read of a couple split limbs "length wise".

Hope the Dude is reading about the few problems and that Excalibur has a working solution for the problems at hand.

As a new product I wonder if a recall will soon be in order :?:

Worry, worry, worry :!: Image
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
Sliver

Post by Sliver »

GaryL wrote:. Also read of a couple split limbs "length wise".

Thats what will happen or could happen with a dry fire with the Max
Exocet 175
Munch Mount
ComfyBear String
DaGriz Knife
Dale Duryea

Post by Dale Duryea »

as for the record I did not dry fire the max I make sure there is a arrow ready to fly every time As I said I got the bow back last nite and shot about 30 or so shots today no problems and excal and Dan Miller handled it the right way this is not the only xbow I have I also have the emag I bought that last fall And I have had no problems at all with it . I am pleased with the service .I think the people at excal will figure out what could be wrong and work on a way to fix it .Oh I forgot to add that I lost 2 or 3 strings all most the second I fired they where cut in half no shots on them at all . It is like anything else you can have things that have problems and some that don't I still will stay with excal. I do have a horton XS I don't shoot that any more talk about string wear wow And you need a press to change it or find someone with one .excal needs no press just the stringing aid and that fits in your pocket.
Dale Duryea