Exomax problems??

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Read that Dale Duryea, I have no problems with any of my Excalibur xbows and sure would not change because a new product MAY have a bug or two. I am sure the Excalibur folks will work them out.

I have a Exomax on the way, can't wait till that MONSTER gets here. I have e-mailed Excalibur asking about any problems that Might be going on at this time with the Max but have not got anything back as yet. Thanks fer your information.
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
BigBear

Re: Exomax problems??

Post by BigBear »

Bunk1 wrote:Hey guys, love the max, it is amazing. Just one more quality product. I am having a bit of a problem with the serving on my string separating, I think it is from usuing the cocking aid. It seems that the serving separates at the corner or "pinch point". Also, I wondering if anyone else finds the bow making loud snap when you pull the trigger or on the release. The string has the clearance at the end of the stroke, everything seems to be tight. Has anyone noticed that thier bow seems to be quite noisy? I guess I should have mine shot beside another Exomax or "mag" to see if there is a difference.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
Brent

Hi Brent..i've had mine since March, and shot it many times with feild tips and broadheads :D ..I'm using bj's "Prmium string" on my Max, and it's very quite and shoots very smooth as well..i'm very impressed on how quite this bow is :D ...as far as the serving goes, it's not showing any signs of wear at all..i'm shooting beaman thunderbolts with the Max, about 435-440 grs total weight...i think that the heavier bolts also help in this noise reduction...getting speeds of 330-332 fps with these bolts..hope this helps....BB
Excalibur Micro Mag 340
Quill Bolts
125gr Slick Trick broadheads

Post by Guest »

BigBear wrote:
Bunk1 wrote:Hey guys, love the max, it is amazing. Just one more quality product. I am having a bit of a problem with the serving on my string separating, I think it is from usuing the cocking aid. It seems that the serving separates at the corner or "pinch point". Also, I wondering if anyone else finds the bow making loud snap when you pull the trigger or on the release. The string has the clearance at the end of the stroke, everything seems to be tight. Has anyone noticed that thier bow seems to be quite noisy? I guess I should have mine shot beside another Exomax or "mag" to see if there is a difference.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
Brent

Hi Brent..i've had mine since March, and shot it many times with feild tips and broadheads :D ..I'm using bj's "Prmium string" on my Max, and it's very quite and shoots very smooth as well..i'm very impressed on how quite this bow is :D ...as far as the serving goes, it's not showing any signs of wear at all..i'm shooting beaman thunderbolts with the Max, about 435-440 grs total weight...i think that the heavier bolts also help in this noise reduction...getting speeds of 330-332 fps with these bolts..hope this helps....BB
BigBear: I would ask on the forum about beman thunderbolts. How they perform on the Max? Are they as tougth as the gold tips series 22?
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

I too am going to order a couple of "Prmium string" from bj, after I get my Monster "ExoMax" BigBear are U using a cocking device with your Max :?: Thank,
Gary
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
gad

Post by gad »

It's me above (the guest before the post of GaryL)
Forgot to login... :oops:
BigBear

Post by BigBear »

Guest...The bemans are as tough as the goldtips, maybe stronger because of the extra weight...i shoot both bolts, bemans with the max, and goltips with my vixen...i like them both...when you shoot an emax, you can play with the heavy bolts and still get that extra speed...BB
Excalibur Micro Mag 340
Quill Bolts
BigBear

Post by BigBear »

GaryL wrote:I too am going to order a couple of "Prmium string" from bj, after I get my Monster "ExoMax" BigBear are U using a cocking device with your Max :?: Thank,
Gary
..hi Gary..yes i'm using the rope cocking aid with the max as well...it's not that much more than cocking the Mag...hope this helps..BB :wink:
Excalibur Micro Mag 340
Quill Bolts
gad

Post by gad »

BigBear wrote:Guest...The bemans are as tough as the goldtips, maybe stronger because of the extra weight...i shoot both bolts, bemans with the max, and goltips with my vixen...i like them both...when you shoot an emax, you can play with the heavy bolts and still get that extra speed...BB
Thanks BigBear!

I have posted a question on the forum too, to others advise about the bemans also.

You have already help, but If you want to post your reply about the bemans on the beman's question that I put on the forum, will be good for the others forum user's too.

About the ExoMax:

The only problem that I have had with mine (only ~20 shots from them until now) is that on 4 or 5 shots the string scape from the limb tips. On the right limb the string remains on, but have come on the direction of the deck. The left limb, the string scapes from. I have contacted the Bill, and he said me to reduce the string loop. I have unmount the string's loop, and remount them to reduce the loop, not just twisted the string. It is working fine now.

But the bow is surprisingly noisy. It's a kind of vibration sound when I fire it. Don't know why. All the bolts are well atached and locked with the blue loctite.

Thank you all! This forum is always a good source of information and knowledgment.
dw

Post by dw »

mine just ate up another serving less than 100 shots :shock: .
"dw"
"you gotta love it"
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Think ya need to talk with Bill T. and/or ship it back for a look at.
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
Dale Duryea

Post by Dale Duryea »

I was just thinking could it be the pitch of the limbs on the max that is making all the problems with the string servings ? I use the fast flight strings and laser 2 's I have noticed it is louder than My Mag .As for vibrations I am thinking about adding some thing from sims don't know what yet .
Dale Duryea
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Bumped up as I would like ta know if any more problems have come up as of late :?: e-mailed Excalibur about any, but todate have not got any answer's back as yet. Just COURIOUS.....Might get mine today still waiting on the Monster to arrive....
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

GaryL, don't worry about any problems. I'm sure that like any new product, the Max is having a few "growing pains". No doubt the Excalibur folks are investigating and will find a quick solution. Their service/warrantly is great, so they'll surely make things right and fix any problems that exist.
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.

Post by #16 »

Hi Guys

You have to realize that as the string is shot it gets longer the string gets smaller and the serving becomes loose. The serving should have a tag end on one side that you can pull on to tighten it again. If the serving is loose and not tightened it will not last any time.

Hope this helps.

Brad
cdngunner..

Post by cdngunner.. »

I have the same problem with my exocet
alitttle gap opening between the windings on the serving

:? :?: :?: