How Many be Ready fer the Season ?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

vixenmaster

How Many be Ready fer the Season ?

Post by vixenmaster »

I finished up wid the sightin of Captain Morgan this mornin n his red dot. Good to go out to 35 yds, 3" low n jus 45 days to go. Went out to the lease this mornin n ck'ed the mineral lick. Good many fresh tracks n they have made the hole several ft long n couple ft wide. They have it down about 6" deep now since i started it in Jan.
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
xcaliber

Re: How Many be Ready fer the Season ?

Post by xcaliber »

Mike, just got my Muzzle Loader, and Savage 220 Shotgun sighted in today. I'm going on to the Hoyt, Kodabow, and Matrix bows next. I like to get all the girls some action during the season if possible.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
georgiaboy

Post by georgiaboy »

I only have one more stand location to clean up and I'm done. Only allowed to use climbers where I hunt so I keep a bunch of locations cleaned up.
It's public land so I usually go a good distance off the road. :(
Both bows are sighted in...just have to check the 7mm. :D
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
Eck

Post by Eck »

My 380 is ready to roll, as is the new 330 (same arrows!)

The Brown truck is supposed to be bringing me some 125 gr. QAD Exodus broadheads for the Micro this week.

Might not get to play with the thunder sticks this year, but looking forward to Urban Archery!! :D
Micro 335
Matrix 380
Boofest 2016 Matrix 330
Trigger Techs all around
125 gr. QAD Exodus (Micro) 100 gr Slicks otherwise
Strings by Vixenmaster
Arrows by Xcaliber
LongCarbine

Post by LongCarbine »

Tent has been checked, Busy freezing meals , New tires on trailer , Bows were fine tuned today , Tags in my pocket .... NOW to wait 33 DAYS!!!!!!!!
Matrix 355
Axiom (Alum.Rail)
Matrix B.D 330
hankenhunter

Post by hankenhunter »

I was ready the day after hunting season ended. :lol: My son will be up on opening day, Sept. 1st. Archery hunting for one week, the rifles for the second week. I am so stoked I can hardly sit still. There is more deer here than I can shake a stick at. Did I mention I'm excited? :mrgreen:
Hank
janesy

Post by janesy »

Cleared a bunch of lanes today, set up a blind for a buddy. I'll have my stands hanging by the end of the week. Crossbows are always ready.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
munch

Post by munch »

Starting to get ready this week I fletched a dozen compound arrows and paper tuned the bow then did a dozen bolts this afternoon .dan I see you have a 220 , I bought one last year after hearing all the good talk about them. Shooting acutips they sure shoot well
PUT IT IN THE BAG MARLIN ( #$%^ you it"ll bite)
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts channel utube
munchmounts facebook
onebigskittle

Post by onebigskittle »

All i need left to do is plant my food plots...Going to try sugar beets this year
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

Hunt with a sharp stick every year. That said, still need to get a little more shooting with the 380 under our belts...
Won't be around for the Opener as we'll be in the Far North of BC chasing sheep & caribou.
Then an offshore run for most of September.
October takes me to Alberta for moose & mulies, but I'll be packing the bow as well as rifle then.
November is Blacktail Rut Time, and I'll certainly be dragging the bow out then again.
And of course there are the late season archery hunts over on the BC Mainland that need to be addressed in late November / early December... :D

Good Luck out there Folks!
Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
BrotherRon

Post by BrotherRon »

I keep both my crossbows sighted in year round.
This year Price County has been removed from the "Bucks Only Status" so I will be able to shoot a nice tender 1.5 -- 2.5 year old for steaks, chops, and roasts.
It was bucks only by us last year, even though we had more does and less bucks than most years. With the increased doe population we should see a bumper crop of bucks the next couple years though.... Nature has a way of causing the does to keep things at the proper ratio between bucks and does. I took one shot last year and brought down a small spike buck with the 310, so this year I will use the 330 as much as possible. Last year it was only a 15 yard shot and I think the arrow would have been buried in the swamp past the nock if I had been using the 330. lol It was very easy to see the lumi-nock glowing from my tree stand, but another 3" deeper and it would have been completely buried.
Matrix 310 ~ Hawke XB30 Pro SR ~ TT~Plano 36" All Weather Tactical Hard Case.
Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver.
Strings by Boo ~ nchunterkw ~ 8ptbuk
Jeremiah 29:13 :thumbup:
SEW

Post by SEW »

Not at all, but closer. Over 3 miles of trails to maintain, shooting lanes, stand replacement, stand movement, food plot maintance and some replanting, xbows in final hunting form, cameras out and being checked, already serviced 4-wheeler & SUV. Just too much stuff. Lots of bush hogging! And I still work full time. Maybe some of us (me) work too hard at having fun.
The most fun will be being in the bear blind up to 3 full days getting to be away from it all and doing really serious, uninterrupted Bible study with only the hopeful interruption of a bear at the barrel.
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Gonna start my food plots soon making a home made harrow out of a large pallot n some big three quarter inch spikes i got my tractor.............i mean toyota tundra to pull it around n rough it up. Worked like a charm last year if i plant too early deer destroy it seems about mid august is right. Sept 1st starts our goose season here im really looking forward to stalking n shooting them on the ground with the crossbow its a real challange n lots a fun i waste a lotta bolts too ! Im making a giant walk in closet for my daughter i will be done soon n can devote more time to my favorite hobby. This heat makes it hard to be out been at least 95 for 2 weeks now its getting real old . Lbj
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

Sad I have lost the excitement that most of you feel..You are very lucky to have it but 52 years hunting mature bucks I just do not feel it anymore..I was always challenge type of person...I am seeing some 8 points,2 ten points and 11 point this week..

So will be hunting the 11 point ....But its getting hard here in PA WILDS to get Buck..we have 8 point rule which has helped no one shoots bucks under 6 point anyhow they are young deer....

very few doe are seen ..But I still go out and this will be first year with crossbow going to miss my cedar arrows with feathers ....

Hunting by myself is not fun..Do to the MODERN wives I lost 7 of our gang I grew up with and now brother will not hunt with me because I get big bucks and he said his wife is mad ..That was just her way to get him to stop hunting..

anyhow good luck hunting...
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

longbow joe wrote:Gonna start my food plots soon making a home made harrow out of a large pallot n some big three quarter inch spikes i got my tractor.............i mean toyota tundra to pull it around n rough it up. Worked like a charm last year if i plant too early deer destroy it seems about mid august is right. Sept 1st starts our goose season here im really looking forward to stalking n shooting them on the ground with the crossbow its a real challange n lots a fun i waste a lotta bolts too ! Im making a giant walk in closet for my daughter i will be done soon n can devote more time to my favorite hobby. This heat makes it hard to be out been at least 95 for 2 weeks now its getting real old . Lbj
see you are from pa..Yes heat/snakes are unreal..rattlers all over big nasty mothers..I hunt wmu2g not seeing many deer at all on publicland..Heat is awful and bugs sting ya....