Reasons we sold Prior Excals ?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

TPM

Re: Reasons we sold Prior Excals ?

Post by TPM »

Been shooting the same Phoenix for over ten years now. It's the only Excal I've ever owned and I have no desire to replace it. :)
The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

TPM wrote:Been shooting the same Phoenix for over ten years now. It's the only Excal I've ever owned and I have no desire to replace it. :)

....Tim, now that's a true testament to, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it!"

....In my defense, I would never have bought an Excalibur if not for the shortening of the "wingspan" and "body length." It just would not have suited me being "too short for my weight!" Hence my entry point at the time of the Matrix 380....Well, when the Micro came out being shorter yet....well, I just had to have that...However, with that said, I have NO CLUE how a BD400 wandered into my house....and let me tell you something it is extremely hard to "kick kids out" if you know what I mean...it most likely will happen to one of the three....which one remains to be seen though!

....boy can we justify our decisions..... :?

Anthony :?
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
roly

Post by roly »

I've only every had my nox and just love it . I never wanted another, then a couple of weeks ago some one said "here just hold this micro."
Now I can't wait for mine to get here.
Chris Dillard

Post by Chris Dillard »

I sold my old Exomax nearly a year ago. Wow I really regret it! I thought I would upgrade to a more powerful model. Still haven't upgraded, but I miss the Exo for sentimental reasons.
2014 Vixen II
2006 Exomax
wabi

Post by wabi »

TPM wrote:Been shooting the same Phoenix for over ten years now. It's the only Excal I've ever owned and I have no desire to replace it. :)
Sold my black Vixen to get an Exocet (175#) and then sold the Exocet to get a Phoenix when they first hit the market. Best of both worlds! Vixen size and Exocet speed!
Except for 2 scope failures it has never failed to put an arrow where I was aiming on a deer, and I plan to keep killing deer with it for many more years.

My hunting location lets me keep shots under 35 yards (almost all have been under 20 yards), so why buy a faster, more powerful bow? Besides, the fun (excitement) is in getting close, so why take away from it?
With a deer in the scope at 15 yards my heart rate still accelerates quite a bit. :wink:
When that stops happening they can throw the dirt in the hole to cover me up, and I hope the old Phoenix is still around for my son to use!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
wildcatter

Post by wildcatter »

On search of perfection,, fer 3 years now that will be the 380 Lynx and Mad Max,,, now with the addition of a 350 I built this year, I don't see me buying another curve,, after going thru 8 others I have the cream of the crop fer me.
Hunt Hard or Stay Home!
380 Mad Max, XB-30 Pro 18" ZombiesW/ 125 gr ST
330 Mad Max Custom XB-30 Pro 16" B.E.E. W/100 gr ST
Leica R-1000 - Zeiss 8X42 Conquest HD
On the Hunt for the next!!
Big Pard

Post by Big Pard »

TBH I sold my EXOMAX cause it was bigger(wider) than I really wanted. It performed flawlessly but I just wanted a narrower xbow so I got, please forgive me, a PARKER. Then I saw the MICROs and found a fair deal on the Micro 335 and returned to my senses.
Micro 335
Dead Zone Scope
Vixenmaster String
Munch Mount
Zombie Slayers
100gr Slick Trick
canoe13

Post by canoe13 »

In the handful of years that I have been afflicted with the crossbow bug I have owned nearly a dozen bows. All in the quest for my perfect bow. Started with a Horton then 2 Barnetts, next a TenPoint then finally Excalibur in this order:
Ibex, Vortex, Matrix 310, Matrix 330, Phoenix, Y25 Relayer, Micro 335, Matrix 355, and a Micro 315. At times there were 6 different bows in my house. My wife doesn't pay close attention to my toys as long the bils get paid. And I usually sell off old stuff to pay for new. But I find the idea of simplicity very appealing now. Less stuff=less work = more free time. So I want to own less stuff. Shooting only one bow or rifle should make me a better shot and save me money to boot.
Mag Air
Sig Sauer Romeo 5
Excalibur Quills
Tooth of the Arrow broadheads
Vixenmaster strings
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I do think i actually am a half bubble off. I jus got 2 more Excals, n jus love'em. Next thing i do will be to send a trainin wheeled crossbow to a new owner
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

vixenmaster wrote:I do think i actually am a half bubble off. I jus got 2 more Excals, n jus love'em. Next thing i do will be to send a trainin wheeled crossbow to a new owner
BMW got you in love again, Mike? :) Good deal!
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I have got back what lil sense i had dropped off somewhere. so now i may find anudder Excal jewel in the future :)
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

I have owned Excaliburs since 1989, starting with a Wolverine. Since then, I've owned every model of Exo series that were ever made. Owned only one pre-Matrix thumbhole stock Excalibur, a Vortex, that didn't suit me and promptly sold. Currently I have Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Exocet 200, and Exomax which I'm happy with. Since I don't dwell in the past, I have no regrets selling any of the ones that I did, even the Exomag which I believe to have been the most accurate and sweetest shooting Excalibur ever made.
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
mcheney

Post by mcheney »

Sold my Axiom to fund a M355.
Then bought an Equinox just because it's so freakin awesome and I still had the big case which just could not stay empty. It was lonely and just seemed wrong.
The other day while shopping for a Vortex, because 'I always wanted one', (Just let the name roll around in your mouth and you will see what I mean. Vorrrteeexx), I ended up with a great deal on a 350SE!
How the heck did that happen?
That said, I still have the Vortex craving.
Being obsessive compulsive with a fetish for collecting things I could be in trouble.
The Matrix series is very cool but the Exo series has emotional appeal and I am an emotional basket case when it comes to my toys.
Vixenmaster keeps singing the praise of the Vixon II and I think I'm starting to see them in my dreams.
:roll:
Yep, my screws are loose. Some guys build and collect cars but I like books, things that go boom and pointy or edged things. Pointy edged things that go boom would be freakin awesome! :twisted:
Oh well, ten excals would still be less than one hot rod. :mrgreen:
Equinox..shadow-zone
Vortex..veri-zone
Matrix 355 (Stinger)..tact-zone
Matrix 350SE..dead-zone
…ya, I know.
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

I love the exo series ...I have a vix2 and an alluminum rail ibex
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
mcheney

Post by mcheney »

longbow joe wrote:I love the exo series ...I have a vix2 and an alluminum rail ibex
I would like that alum Ibex, please. :shock:
Equinox..shadow-zone
Vortex..veri-zone
Matrix 355 (Stinger)..tact-zone
Matrix 350SE..dead-zone
…ya, I know.