Screening and Moderation

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

amythntr

Screening and Moderation

Post by amythntr »

...just a thought from where I sit....is there not a way when someone (or thing) joins this forum whereby their posts for a month or so get screened for sexual or home improvement content and get kicked out as offensive, both the post and the poster.......?

...as opposed to moderation where someone has to monitor what "has been posted" relying on his/her available time and or our prodding?

....just a thought on my part...

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Hunt it
Location: 35 mins North of Lake Erie and 35 mins East of Lake Huron

Re: Screening and Moderation

Post by Hunt it »

Anthony, there's no app for that yet. There should be a way to limit new registered users to zero posts for first 30 days, that would deter 99.9% of spammers. Now our buddy Joe........
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

This place is a mess. I look after a hunting site with 12000+ members, gets a 100 posts for every one this one gets. It's ugly here. SPAM!.. Moderation is an act, not a title.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
Trentco1

Post by Trentco1 »

Hunt it wrote:Anthony, there's no app for that yet. There should be a way to limit new registered users to zero posts for first 30 days, that would deter 99.9% of spammers. Now our buddy Joe........
hunt it
That wouldn't be fair most of us newbies come here looking to get questions answered or need help having to wait 30 days would be just downright mean :roll:
Last edited by Trentco1 on Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Micro 355
Hawke xb30 pro scope T&T Triger boo force 10 string Zombie slayers 16.5 arrows c/w right helical blazer vanes aluminum nocks or lumenoks
Micro 315
Tact zone scope force 10 string 16" inch executioner arrows aluminum nocks or lumenoks
BrotherRon

Post by BrotherRon »

Yes, I agree with Trentco1. When I was ready to purchase a crossbow I came here to get help deciding which one was best for me. It wouldn't have done me any good if there was a waiting period.
Matrix 310 ~ Hawke XB30 Pro SR ~ TT~Plano 36" All Weather Tactical Hard Case.
Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver.
Strings by Boo ~ nchunterkw ~ 8ptbuk
Jeremiah 29:13 :thumbup:
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

BrotherRon wrote:Yes, I agree with Trentco1. When I was ready to purchase a crossbow I came here to get help deciding which one was best for me. It wouldn't have done me any good if there was a waiting period.
....that is why I suggested a "screening process"...which I would imagine would kick out a vast majority of these posts based upon content....(by the way my new Kitchen1 looks just fabulous! :shock: :roll: :lol: )....

In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

Moderation is an act, not a title.
Funny I never remembered getting a pay raise .
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

Spam is everywhere. I never did like spam. It's gross...

Lol
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Doe Master wrote:
Moderation is an act, not a title.
Funny I never remembered getting a pay raise .
...Kevin, I hope that you do not believe that I was directing this to a lack of you doing your job as a "volunteer moderator" ...this was asking the question of can't there be something in place within the framework of the program used (or maybe it's time for a new one) to stop a good portion of this "scourge" from ever hitting our screens through a screening process!

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

We're all big Boyz and girls here, when u click an inappropriate thread, just leave it, no one is forcing you to read it. Yes Its a PITA, but moderators are not expected to watch the site 24/7
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone

Post by newbie »

Bullzeye wrote:We're all big Boyz and girls here, when u click an inappropriate thread, just leave it, no one is forcing you to read it. Yes Its a PITA, but moderators are not expected to watch the site 24/7
common sense prevails!
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Bullzeye wrote:We're all big Boyz and girls here, when u click an inappropriate thread, just leave it, no one is forcing you to read it. Yes Its a PITA, but moderators are not expected to watch the site 24/7

....yes, absolutely....but wouldn't it be nice if it could be "automated" to catch the bulk of the "scourge?"

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Sparkey

Post by Sparkey »

bellerivercrossbowhunter wrote:Spam is everywhere. I never did like spam. It's gross...

Lol
Slap a good bit of Muenster Jalapeno cheese on it, serve with a good stout and it is actually not too bad. :lol:
Parker Challenger
Gen-1 Micro 335 Camo
Matrix Cub
Bear Legion Compound
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

amythntr wrote:

....yes, absolutely....but wouldn't it be nice if it could be "automated" to catch the bulk of the "scourge?"

I hear ya Anthony, and I belong to other sites that do not have this problem, and I know nothing about this stuff, but I am just guessing it cost $$$$$$$$$$
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Bullzeye wrote:
amythntr wrote:

I hear ya Anthony, and I belong to other sites that do not have this problem, and I know nothing about this stuff, but I am just guessing it cost $$$$$$$$$$
...of course it does...a while back there was a survey about an upgrade to this forum format and I believe the majority said YES...it is probably very low on the list and understandably so...I guess in the mean time we have to swim in the ________!

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings