Just wear your fishing waders when the sheep dip gets to deep Lol
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
Doe Master
Site Admin

Re: Screening and Moderation

Post by Doe Master »

Anthony I did not take it personal about raising the topic . I talked to Peter today about a few ideas .
There is new programs to slow this crap down . But when these spammers are running programs that change e-mail address`s or IP address`s every time . :shock: I can sit here and delete each individual one but it takes time . :)
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Doe Master wrote:Anthony I did not take it personal about raising the topic . I talked to Peter today about a few ideas .
There is new programs to slow this crap down . But when these spammers are running programs that change e-mail address`s or IP address`s every time . :shock: I can sit here and delete each individual one but it takes time . :)

...understood Kevin...if it were up to me I would double your salary but no one called me to ask what i thought!!!! :?

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

Woohoo !!!!
You mean I could be making 10 dollars an hour like the rich people . :lol:
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Doe Master wrote:Woohoo !!!!
You mean I could be making 10 dollars an hour like the rich people . :lol:

.....plus tips!.....like, "don't play the horses!" :mrgreen:

In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Hunt it
Location: 35 mins North of Lake Erie and 35 mins East of Lake Huron

Post by Hunt it »

Maybe sending the spammers pictures of Gaston in his orange shreddies would do the trick :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Hunt it wrote:Maybe sending the spammers pictures of Gaston in his orange shreddies would do the trick :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

....brillant....that would solve the problem immediately! :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

....except Excalibur might be charged with felonious assault and battery with an; I can't even think it, less say it!

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings

Post by newbie »

Hunt it wrote:Maybe sending the spammers pictures of Gaston in his orange shreddies would do the trick :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Thanks.... i was just getting over the burning eyes..... :lol: :lol:
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
wildcatter

Post by wildcatter »

I have had to report 3 or 4 myself that I found just posted from time to time, don't like it but if this is the worst thing I'm faced with in life I can handle it.

Lot worse things to worry about fer me, and everytime have reported one,,, it and the poster were gone in short order,,,
Hunt Hard or Stay Home!
380 Mad Max, XB-30 Pro 18" ZombiesW/ 125 gr ST
330 Mad Max Custom XB-30 Pro 16" B.E.E. W/100 gr ST
Leica R-1000 - Zeiss 8X42 Conquest HD
On the Hunt for the next!!
Excalibur Marketing Dude
Site Admin

Post by Excalibur Marketing Dude »

Spam is not a new problem and it will never go away. We have every anti-spam program in place and we still get it. Both Kevin and I are trying to keep up with spam but when I was on holidays I had limited access so Kevin worked hard at trying to keep things clean. Spambots are programed to attack when there is less activity at night, weekends etc. Even large companies are getting hi-jacked and having their data held ransom, its just a sign of the times.
There should be a way to limit new registered users to zero posts for first 30 days, that would deter 99.9% of spammers.
We already do that, spammers can still find a way past most anti-spam initiatives. I do have another forum software that I have been working with that is suppose to be better but others using it still indicate spam issues. I'm not sure what the answer is but we will continue to do our best to keep things as spam free as we are able. If you see spam please ignore it and don't respond, it just keeps the thread going.

Thanks,

Peter
Buszone

Post by Buszone »

Maybe you should contact AL Gore after all he created the world wide web. :mrgreen:
335 Micro "THOR" as in "Thorin Oakenshield"
RamCat 125gr. AKA Battle Axe
NChunterKW Flemish String
15.5" Excalibur Dan Zombies
When it Flies something dies !
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Excalibur Marketing Dude wrote:Spam is not a new problem and it will never go away. We have every anti-spam program in place and we still get it. Both Kevin and I are trying to keep up with spam but when I was on holidays I had limited access so Kevin worked hard at trying to keep things clean. Spambots are programed to attack when there is less activity at night, weekends etc. Even large companies are getting hi-jacked and having their data held ransom, its just a sign of the times.
There should be a way to limit new registered users to zero posts for first 30 days, that would deter 99.9% of spammers.
We already do that, spammers can still find a way past most anti-spam initiatives. I do have another forum software that I have been working with that is suppose to be better but others using it still indicate spam issues. I'm not sure what the answer is but we will continue to do our best to keep things as spam free as we are able. If you see spam please ignore it and don't respond, it just keeps the thread going.

Thanks,

Peter
...thanks Peter!....I'm sure cousin Nunzio could take care of this but right now he's in the "bigga houza" if you know what I mean! :wink:

...It's nice to know you guys are doing your best!

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings