new matrix 380 with diablo arrows

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

sonnyboy

new matrix 380 with diablo arrows

Post by sonnyboy »

I sure would like to get the little illuminated bolt nocks to track arrow flight thru critters. How do you install the lightnocks? push stem into back of arrow? what kind of insert should I ask for with these new arrows???.....sonnyboy
Boo

Re: new matrix 380 with diablo arrows

Post by Boo »

Some people just like stepping on rakes
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

.... You can buy your Diablos already with Lumenok lighted nocks installed... I am pretty sure they have aluminum inserts...

.... Many on this forum have gone to using Black Eagle Archery arrows which are stronger spined arrows...the use of aluminum versus brass inserts are personal preference based upon differing factors in what you are trying to accomplish in arrow construction...

..... Yes, Lumenoks are simple push in lighted nocks, that come in differing sizes based upon shaft "ID" internal diameter!

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
sonnyboy

Post by sonnyboy »

Can I buy luminocks for my new arrows an install them myself??? Or, do you need to have them installed when you buy new arrows....also... Back in the 80's I made all my own aluminum arrows for competition shooting. Can I buy raw componets like I did back then, an make crossbow arrows with luminock's myself???........where to get all the stuff to do this if possible....black eagle web site don't seem to have stuff for shooters to make their own stuff????..............sonnyboy
Boo

Post by Boo »

sonnyboy wrote:Can I buy luminocks for my new arrows an install them myself??? Or, do you need to have them installed when you buy new arrows....also... Back in the 80's I made all my own aluminum arrows for competition shooting. Can I buy raw componets like I did back then, an make crossbow arrows with luminock's myself???........where to get all the stuff to do this if possible....black eagle web site don't seem to have stuff for shooters to make their own stuff????..............sonnyboy
Like a good manufacturer BEA wants you to buy from a dealer
http://www.blackeaglearrows.com/Articles.asp?ID=294
Fill in your location, it might be easier to direct you.
http://www.wyverncreations.com/index.ph ... cts_id=516
Some people just like stepping on rakes
GrassyKnoll

Post by GrassyKnoll »

Sonnyboy,
Welcome to the wonderful world of Excalibur Crossbows. This site is loaded with tons of info to help make your transition to a recurve crossbow an easy one.

There are two online dealers of Excalibur Crossbows who in my opinion know "everything" Excalibur..

The first is: Danny Miller at Horizontal Archery 37432 5th Avenue Sardis, OH 43946 - Phone: (740) 483-2312).... He just might be the guy who wrote the book on everything Excalibur,,, However he is not an Internet type guy ( no website ) and you will have to call his shop to discuss what it is you want.... A good thing in my book.. He truly knows his stuff..

The other person is David at Wyvern Creations in 235 North River Road, Lee, NH 03861, 603-659-0575... David is also very knowledgeable in everything crossbow and will get you squared right away in what you need and don't need.... http://www.wyverncreations.com/

And when it comes to arrows, Noone touched Jerry from South Shore Archery located in 10016 Kenlake Dr, Riverview, Florida 33578, 813-545-0754.... Jerry is in my opinion the king of arrows for crossbows... http://www.southshorearcherysupply.com

In regards to your question about the illuminated nocks, alot of us here on the forum use Lumenoks.. They are a compression fit nock that is activated when the bow fires the arrow. What you do is remove the aluminum nocks that came installed with the Diablo's and insert a Lumnok by simply putting it in the back end of the arrow, now they are a snug fit so turn the arrow over and press the nock and shaft on to a counter top with a dish towel on the counter so that nothing slips as you press, don't jam or hammer the shaft into the counter, just press down until it seats itself.. Now if the nock lights up just pinch the nock real hard between your fingers and wiggle the shaft a bit and it will turn off.... see the video in the link here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANqorNKVoyM

Hope this helps and if you have any questions feel free to ask... I do believe you need size .300 inside diameter size.

Forgot to mention, If you don't have a bow stringer buy one ASAP. It is needed to maintain proper brace height... The stringer is just as important to your bow as the arrows are... A Must Have item....
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, Trigger Tech,
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, ^^^
Matrix 380 Blackout with Vortex Viper XBR,
Micro 335 Raid with HHAv Vortex Crossfire II Pro Grade trigger
L. E. Carroll

Post by L. E. Carroll »

Another great illuminated nock is the "Ignitor" by New Fletch.... no external wires, very easy to turn off and usuallly cheaper.... (Green model lasts over 40 hours). :wink:

They are the only model I use.

Gene
Camo Micro 355 w/ XB30 SR Pro & TT trigger
Camo Matrix 380 W/ XB 30SR Pro & a Boo trigger
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Sweet old 73 Bronco ( 2nd Owner)
Scamp tralier
wildcatter

Post by wildcatter »

I would never think of using the diablos for serious shooting, 2-380's and Zombie Slayers or Spynal Tapps, and never look back! You can't wont believe the difference. Then get a pack of Firenocks and the D2 nocks and have the brightest, most reliable lighted nocks made. I use BR batteries and get up to 42 days continuous run time! I own the best hunting bow on the planet, why would not run the best arrows and lighted nocks in em???
Hunt Hard or Stay Home!
380 Mad Max, XB-30 Pro 18" ZombiesW/ 125 gr ST
330 Mad Max Custom XB-30 Pro 16" B.E.E. W/100 gr ST
Leica R-1000 - Zeiss 8X42 Conquest HD
On the Hunt for the next!!