Moose Opener

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Sam In Northern ont

Moose Opener

Post by Sam In Northern ont »

Six more days but who is counting, Heading out tomorrow morning to set up the 12 by 12 cook shack. Any one else going after Bullwinkle.
Quickshot

Post by Quickshot »

Heading up fo the third week, Oct 2. Can't wait. :D :D

Good luck on your hunt.
enjoy the woods
Doug
shifty

Post by shifty »

sept 25 to oct 4 cant wait
Ontario Bow Hunter

Post by Ontario Bow Hunter »

Good luck guys,... :mrgreen:
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

I am going on my first hunting trip on Oct 9, just north of Thunder Bay.

Actually, I'm just getting into hunting. I live in Ottawa, ON and am looking for some info, but I'll make another topic for that.
~ Kevin.
Sam In Northern ont

kevin their are a couple of gangs from your area that hunt this way. Iam just 2 hours east of thunder bay. Set the moose shack up today. 5 more days.
GREY OWL

Post by GREY OWL »

Good luck boys!! Whack'em and stack'em.

Grey Owl
Sam In Northern ont

Grey owl i understand your from sask, I hunted moosomin sask 98 to 2000 got two dandy bucks two years in a row. sure is best white tail country around.
GREY OWL

Post by GREY OWL »

Yes Sir Sam!! Loud and proud!!

Grey Owl
bowhunter not logged on

Post by bowhunter not logged on »

I leave Thursday. Fly in from Cochrane Friday. Start the hunt Saturday. Can't wait. Good luck to all.
bec3077

Reply to Kevin in Ottawa

Post by bec3077 »

HI KEvin, I am taking a gorup of 13 guys to Armstrong area, where you be hunting moose?

Bec
Grizzly-Papa

Post by Grizzly-Papa »

Will you guys stop it with this moose hunt already! :lol:

I have been stuck down here in Dallas for the last 2 weeks with 2 more to go. Flying home to Ottawa on Oct. 1st. I then get 2 days to pack my bags, mow the lawn, take care of things with my wife :wink: and drive to Kapuskasing for my moose crossbow hunt.

Difficult to get excited about hunting when you are living in 90 F heat and sun every day! On a positive note, I got to visit the Bass Pro Shop!
I was like a big kid in a candy store. They have 12 pound bass swimming in an aquarium and specks in a pond. The taxidermy is second to none and would put to shame any museum in Canada. No less than 3 full mounts of moose, a polar bear, grizzly, deer galore, etc. etc. etc.

Yes, I succumbed and spent a few dollars on articles that I will now have to declare to customs on the way home.

Can't wait for the Toronto store to open and hope it is at least half of this and I will be a happy man.

Have a great hunting season everyone!

Grizzly-Papa
Life is too short to spend it indoors!