Accessory rail

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

aib1015

Accessory rail

Post by aib1015 »

Was wondering if there is a good after market accessory rail other than the tacpac. I'm not worried about mounting my quiver but may want to mount a bipod.
flightattendant100

Re: Accessory rail

Post by flightattendant100 »

Weaver base for Marlin lever action is flat on bottom. Will have to drill and countersink one hole is all.( one hole will work)
Hunt it
Location: 35 mins North of Lake Erie and 35 mins East of Lake Huron

Post by Hunt it »

A Harris bipod mounts perfectly to front sling swivel stud. Other option is buy blank picatinny rail stock from Sinclair, Midway or Brownells and cut it and drill to fit in same holes factory quiver mount goes - you then would need a Munch mount to move quiver up top.
StormDragon

Post by StormDragon »

Harris Bipod will do the job nicely. However, if you have a micro you will first need to move the sling swivel stud back one hole to the other side of the rail/riser bolt. (Where the quiver mount would go)
Micro 335 Nightmare: Morning Star

Elite Synergy; Krampus
aib1015

Post by aib1015 »

A blank rail would be perfect, don't know why I just didn't think of that. Got a 12" blank and an inexpensive bipod for $30 off Amazon. I'll have her suited up and try it out this weekend. Thanks.
foofoo

Post by foofoo »

i like the slotted rails. using the Excalibur screws you match up the one pre-drilled hole and then the slot will match with the other hole. just gotta cut the rail to length with a saw and smooth out and square the end on some sand paper, grinder, or rub on smooth concrete to pretty up the end. you can touch up the bare metal end with a black sharpie or black paint pen.http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tactical-Picati ... SwRgJXkCoB