Aluminium bolt nocks.

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

spitfire carl

Aluminium bolt nocks.

Post by spitfire carl »

Hi,
I want to build some ali bolts to use for my Vortex, (2216/2219) and have previously used the ready made plastic nocked Excalibur bolts. I really want to use aluminium nocks. My question is, which aluminium nock inserts do you recommend? :?
Point Blanc
Exomax
Vortex
Predator T/D
longbow joe

Re: Aluminium bolt nocks.

Post by longbow joe »

I honestly dont think there available for them sizes even the factory excalibur alluminums store bought 2216s n 2219s have a plastic front insert glued in the back. I dont see why you cant just glue a reguler alluminun front insert in the back i have done this before. I have shot 2216s and 2219s for years and always prefer the plastic nock anyway .less foc in the back. And if you nick an alluminum one your more apt to damage a string with it. The easton plastic nocks and plastic inserts are plenty tough enough.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
spitfire carl

Post by spitfire carl »

Good point Joe. Appreciate the advice. Thanks.
Point Blanc
Exomax
Vortex
Predator T/D
Predator55

Post by Predator55 »

Inserts work, you can take a deburring tool to make smooth. I will use inserts when I run out of aluminium mocks.
Bodanny

Post by Bodanny »

I have used the alum nocks for last couple years for my 380 and micro 335 I use them because I had 380 break a couple of the plastic ones . U can get them at bow hunters super warehouse they have them for 2216 and 2219 alum arrows . I also use fine sandpaper or steel wool to smooth any sharp edges. I also build my own arrows and love these nocks
380 matrix, micro nightmare335,Exocet 175, my aluminum arrows, muzzy broadheads and a starvation aim, Vixenmaster strings
Bodanny

Post by Bodanny »

Carl I gave store name wrong it's bow hunters super store. The manufact is PDP these nocks are for the nock end diff from broadhead end and made for other sizes also
380 matrix, micro nightmare335,Exocet 175, my aluminum arrows, muzzy broadheads and a starvation aim, Vixenmaster strings
Hunt it
Location: 35 mins North of Lake Erie and 35 mins East of Lake Huron

Post by Hunt it »

Lancaster Archery has them also
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Bodanny i did not know the metal nocks existed .I was trying to find brass inserts for 2216 and 2219s last year aparently horton made them at one time but just dead ends. Lancaster archery sent me an insert that was too sloppy ive been grinding an extra insert with a small screw to add 55 grains. To the 2216s the little extra foc really made a difference with a 125 head it brought it back to a boltcuttter weight as designed. If you know any source for a 80 grain or 100 grain 2216 2219 brass i would be interested thanks lbj
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Image[/URL] I didnt intend to hijack the post ...theres not many alluminum arrow guys out there anymore were a dying breed .heres my stupid 53 grain creation
Bodanny

Post by Bodanny »

Joe your creation nock looks good and will get it done. Sorry I don't know any sources for brass ones the PDP nocks shoot great accuracy good @ 100 yards with 380 using optimizer. Think they weigh 33 grains
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Thanks the pic is the weighted extra insert ive been putting up front . Lol
wabi

Post by wabi »

I've been using aluminum (front) inserts for nocks for years. Just polish off any sharp edges that might nick the serving with a piece of fine sandpaper or steel wool and they work fine.

Sorry, but I don't buy in to the super high FOC is necessary for good accuracy belief. I've never found it necessary to add weight to the front for good accuracy at hunting ranges (I set a 35 yard personal ethical limit on deer with my Phoenix). Even at 50 yards I don't shoot two arrows at the same spot when practicing. But I use aluminum shafts that are straight when I build a batch of arrows. No need to "spine" them, either. :wink:

I've used 2213, 2215, 2216, and 2219 shafts and all shot well. The heavier the shaft, the longer it will stay straight (and accurate), but most damage is usually inflicted from pulling arrows from targets IMO. A good (Danny Miller) arrow puller used carefully will add a lot to the life span of arrows. :wink:
spitfire carl

Post by spitfire carl »

Hey. Thanks guys. Just looked at the PDP nocks. Thet seem to be just the ticket. I knew i`d find the answer on here! Cheers. :D
Point Blanc
Exomax
Vortex
Predator T/D
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

Just for the record, those aluminum nocks ARE inserts. That's why they're threaded. As mentioned, sand and polish them until they're smooth. However, you usually DO NOT want to add weight to the back end. Rather, i suggest cutting 1/2 - 2/3 off your aluminum nocks to lower your rear end weight.

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
Ekkie

Post by Ekkie »

I'm not sure we're all talking about the same things, but here's what I ordered a couple months ago: http://www.bowhunterssuperstore.com/221 ... -2358.html

They are not inserts. See pics.

~E