got the feeder filled

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

wabi

got the feeder filled

Post by wabi »

And I'm getting excited already...........
Filled the feeders on the 18th at about 1:30PM and at 8:20 had this little buck walk by.

Poor picture, but here's a cropped closeup.

Hopefully his antlers will grow a little more and I can add him to the hit list for this season. :roll: :lol: :lol:
xcaliber

Re: got the feeder filled

Post by xcaliber »

Good Luck Wabi, hope to see a picture of you holding those antlers, and maybe a tad bigger too! :wink:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

Wow, what the heck those deer eating over there for such an impressive rack, you never see a rack like that over my way, unless it's connected to a huge buck. You must be pumped for the coming season.

Are you still using that Penner feeder??
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
Chris Dillard

Post by Chris Dillard »

Great Buck!
2014 Vixen II
2006 Exomax
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Very nice n keep feedin them good luck
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
wabi

Post by wabi »

Haven't got the Pennco feeder running yet. This is at my gravity feeder.
I made a new wooden base for it this year, as it was sinking in the mud last year. :roll:

When the ground thawed last spring it was a mud hole. :shock:

I made a couple mistakes last year. In the fall we tilled a strip right at the feeder for a food plot blend. Tilled too close, and the deer kept the ground bare they were walking in it so much.
This year we have a strip tilled, but farther out from the feeder. I also added the wooden base, and we made a new feeder for the landowner that is designed for a wooden base.

We set it next to his tripod stand when we filled them Thursday, but only one doe has come to his so far. The Pennco feeder is hung from the tripod stand, so we didn't fill it yet.

His blind is on the other end of the food plot (about 120 yards away), so our plan is to move the steel drum feeder as gun season nears (early November), and get the Pennco feeder filled then. We have a food plot tilled in front of his blind, but the rain hit the other evening as we were getting ready to seed it. :( We'll set the drum feeder at the edge of that plot, but want to let it get well established first.
Big Pard

Post by Big Pard »

You must not have many coons or any bears. If I used that in eastern NC the bears would come in eat all the corn then poop on the destroyed barrel..

If you notice the small tree in the lower right-hand part of screen you can see where he got mad and knocked it down cause he couldn't get to my feeder due to it be suspended on cables. FYI If the images look funny its where I took pics off the laptop with my cell phone will on hunting club.
Micro 335
Dead Zone Scope
Vixenmaster String
Munch Mount
Zombie Slayers
100gr Slick Trick