Buyin new Models

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

vixenmaster

Buyin new Models

Post by vixenmaster »

Senility ! That must be my excuse , i seem to do this every yr. Do i need an excuse, maybe or i am half a bubble off. I have this addiction, then i get mad cause had problems wid one or 2. Got rid of them, bad thing is i sold off my dang good ones to buy those new ones. So here i have come full circle n i can't wait til my 350SE gets here. No i haven't made a string fer it yet. I do have several that i have hangin on a peg. Be sellin ones, i think i have a wild one i had made fer Jack Sparrow on my work table, yeah i am now ramblin :lol:
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
xcaliber

Re: Buyin new Models

Post by xcaliber »

Get it, shoot it, and make it your own Mike. Maybe this one will get you back to where you were. :lol: Heck, i went and got a Kodabow to add to my to my mix, and still think I might get another Vortex, and a Grizzly soon, maybe a Bull Dog 340 when it comes out, HINT / HINT Excalibur! :wink:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

A bulldog gee wiz, maybe a Jack Russel :lol: Slow fast no matter spect i could scare a tick toter to death jumpim out of a short tree :)
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Yep, a Pee Shooter might work for you! :lol: :lol: I'm seriously thinking about getting another Vortex before they disappear. I do miss Roxanne! 8)
onebigskittle

Post by onebigskittle »

vixenmaster wrote:Senility ! That must be my excuse , i seem to do this every yr. Do i need an excuse, maybe or i am half a bubble off. I have this addiction, then i get mad cause had problems wid one or 2. Got rid of them, bad thing is i sold off my dang good ones to buy those new ones. So here i have come full circle n i can't wait til my 350SE gets here. No i haven't made a string fer it yet. I do have several that i have hangin on a peg. Be sellin ones, i think i have a wild one i had made fer Jack Sparrow on my work table, yeah i am now ramblin :lol:

Half a bubble off is normal Mike when it comes to hunting and fishing gear so dont let any one tell you different :wink:
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

Somehow I ended up with 3 micros in my stable this year :) 355,335 & 315. I decided to wind down to just one that I would use for target and hunting. The one I reached for most often was allowed to stay. The 315 was the clear choice for me. I am very happy with my decision and can't think of any negatives about this bow. I do want that slick mainframe upgrade though... lol

I killed my biggest buck @ 35yards with my old aluminum mainframe Ibex shooting a whopping 305fps so I figure the 315 will be over kill... :)
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
LongCarbine

Post by LongCarbine »

vixenmaster wrote:maybe a Bull Dog 340 when it comes out, HINT / HINT Excalibur!
That's the one I'm filling my piggy bank for :D
Matrix 355
Axiom (Alum.Rail)
Matrix B.D 330
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

xcaliber wrote:Get it, shoot it, and make it your own Mike. Maybe this one will get you back to where you were. :lol: Heck, i went and got a Kodabow to add to my to my mix, and still think I might get another Vortex, and a Grizzly soon, maybe a Bull Dog 340 when it comes out, HINT / HINT Excalibur! :wink:
So, you think we make this stuff up? Here it is in "New Math" :lol: :lol:
280# / 14" Power Stroke / 400 FPS
400 FPS / 14" = 28.571 FPS per inch, Stay with me here
28.571 FPS x 12" = 342.86 FPS. Now, this would only happen with 100% efficiency, so 13" draw might be needed, we'll let the smart guys work that out! :lol:
280# / 14" = 20# per inch
20# x 13" - 260# come on folks, you with me here? :wink:
RobD

Post by RobD »

vixenmaster wrote:Senility ! That must be my excuse , i seem to do this every yr. Do i need an excuse, maybe or i am half a bubble off. I have this addiction...
Mike -

Yeah, thanks a lot. Now you have me wondering if I should keep the Matrix 355 or get a Micro 335 while my local Dunhams still has an old stock GenI version (though I'm still not sure what all this GenI/II stuff is about and which is better). I spent all weekend thinking about it.

But then sanity entered my head again this morning and said the 355 is the keeper. Easier to pull the rope to ready it, and it uses the same Diablos as the Cub I just got for the kids. If the Micros had still used 18" instead of 16.5" bolts, well, I'd probably be picking one up in Nightmare Black and some strings from you to go with it and listing the 355.
Micro Suppressor 400 TD (Two of 'em)
Bulldog 360 Blackout
Micro 360 TD Pro (Kryptek Altitude)
Matrix 380

Vixenmaster strings - Love 'em! | DrStirrup - Good stuff man!
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

You can't have too many crossbows, you just can't. :lol:
Matrix 355 w/Tact Zone
Vortex w/Varizone