Arrow length for 335

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Tennessee Rebel

Arrow length for 335

Post by Tennessee Rebel »

What is the shortest yall would go on your 335 arrows? I just used the stock length Quills when I got my 335 last year but was wandering how short I could go. Im thinking about some Zombies this year.
xcaliber

Re: Arrow length for 335

Post by xcaliber »

I used 15.5" on mine, perfect in my opinion.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

16.5" here. Working great...
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
L. E. Carroll

Post by L. E. Carroll »

Keep in mind, the gen. l is 1/2" shorter in draw length and overall rail length than the newer gen.ll. and for that reason rail length may determine the shortest length advisable.

I would not cut them so short that they cannot be dislodged by your foot when it's placed in the stirrup.... ( Important safety wise when relaxing the limbs after the hunting day is over or before placing your bow in a vehicle. )

Gene
Camo Micro 355 w/ XB30 SR Pro & TT trigger
Camo Matrix 380 W/ XB 30SR Pro & a Boo trigger
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Sweet old 73 Bronco ( 2nd Owner)
Scamp tralier
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

my arrows are 18 inchs with spitfire 100 gr on them about 19 and 1/2 long ..Stock Quill arrows are 16.5 inchs ..My arrows weight about 420 grains with Lumenocks ..With FOC of 22%..I have gen 1 Micro 335 ..

Do not know which is better at all on length as i am new too this also on arrows ..

Those stock Quill arrows shoot VERY good and they are straight ..If me i would get 110 gr brass inserts ,remove the alum inserts and just use those..

has anyone done that put 110 gr brass inserts in their Quills and use 100 gr points ?
janesy

Post by janesy »

15" . I have nothing to prove nor impress. :wink:
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

15"
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

L. E. Carroll wrote:Keep in mind, the gen. l is 1/2" shorter in draw length and overall rail length than the newer gen.ll. and for that reason rail length may determine the shortest length advisable.

I would not cut them so short that they cannot be dislodged by your foot when it's placed in the stirrup.... ( Important safety wise when relaxing the limbs after the hunting day is over or before placing your bow in a vehicle. )

Gene
Gene, that is why I made an appointment with DrStirrup... The good Dr. provided the proper remedy for avoiding such a painful injury!

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

.....16.5" Zombies

In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
SEW

Post by SEW »

amythntr wrote:
L. E. Carroll wrote:Keep in mind, the gen. l is 1/2" shorter in draw length and overall rail length than the newer gen.ll. and for that reason rail length may determine the shortest length advisable.

Gene
Gene, that is why I made an appointment with DrStirrup... The good Dr. provided the proper remedy for avoiding such a painful injury!

I had the same thought before coming to your post.