i sweated and swatted

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

GA.crossbowhunt

i sweated and swatted

Post by GA.crossbowhunt »

thats all i did on the ga's opening day. but still was a good day out in the woods. only one 40 lb hog was taking in the am but not much seen on anything else. need to make a few adjustments on my stand placement got a oak tree in the way of my crossbow for a clean shot.but other than still a good day in the woods. :D :D
pdislow

Post by pdislow »

check out the little butane powered insect repeller. about 30 bucks cabellas or your local sporting goods/bow shop. i had to get a second one because my daughter confiscated the firsr one... they work in se n.c. swamps.
thanks philip
chessy

Post by chessy »

yup get yourself one of the therma cells .... they work here in canada real well spent last night in a swamp goose hunting not one bite .. mind you i had to smuggle mine into canada because they are not appoved for canada on the usa mmmmmmmmm something that is good tore 30 million americans aint aproved for 3 million canadains .... we need a new government
Sliver

Post by Sliver »

I bought the thermacell off e-bay,, Had no problems getting it,, along with some refills,,, seems to work good in the backyard,, I guess we'll find out in about 3 weeks how well it works in the bush ....
Exocet 175
Munch Mount
ComfyBear String
DaGriz Knife
RichardS

Post by RichardS »

I have never heard of thes thermo cells. Do they give off any odour?
-Richard-
Sliver

Post by Sliver »

nop,, odourless
Exocet 175
Munch Mount
ComfyBear String
DaGriz Knife
chessy

Post by chessy »

no smell had a doe and twin fawns less than 20 yards from me satuday in the wheat field no smell and no bugs dont know how i survied 16 years of hunting with out one ...