Climbing Stand

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

tkstae

Climbing Stand

Post by tkstae »

Has anyone used the Summit Viper? I came across a good deal on one but, never have used a climber. I've used hang on and ladder stands without any problems. Just wondered if any of you might have any advice. Very good price!!
RichardS

Post by RichardS »

If its a resonable price I would think it is already sold! I use a hunters vew climber because I could not find a canadian dealer. IMHO Summit make the BEST climber in the world.

Buy it and if you dont like it list it on here!
It wouldnt last long at all.
-Richard-
tkstae

Post by tkstae »

Buddy of mine is giving up Bow Hunting. Selling it to me for 75.00 2 yrs old. Used very little first yr. none the second.
RichardS

Post by RichardS »

Ill give you $100 plus shipping,.

Once you get it you WONT sell it.

Let me know.
-Richard-
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

Thats a good price you cant go wrong there...

but if you wieght is 250 plus like me you might want some more security and a very quiet stand when your on it..I opted for a lonewolf climber..a little pricey but very light and easy to pack, very quiet to assemble and break down which i think is very important ...that stand is a good one..just some more info for you my friend...

http://www.lonewolfstands.com/products.asp :wink:
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!
RichardS

Post by RichardS »

Lone wolf climbers are sooooooooooo amazing. I hear they can even climb metal poles! I would love to get on one day!
-Richard-
ricochet

Post by ricochet »

I have the new summit viper x4. Great stand!!! Its light weight, comfortable, quiet, versatile, and really sticks to the tree. Cant go wrong with a summit.
wabi

Post by wabi »

No experience with the Viper, but I have a Bushmaster I picked up second hand. A very easy to use, stable stand. A climber isn't my first choice in stands, but for where you can't leave a stand in place for long, the Summit is a great choice in climbers.
wabi
tkstae

Post by tkstae »

Thanks for the feedback. Think I'll give the Summit a try. I would rather use a ladder stand , but where I have to hunt I need to take it down every day or risk having it ripped off. Sad world when a man can't trust a fellow hunter, but thats the world we live in. Just have to deal with it.
A.W

Post by A.W »

Thought about a treestand but decided not to get one. I don't bounce as well as I used to wgen I was younger. :wink:
[img]http://photobucket.com/albums/b38/allan_w_/th_tinybuck3hj1.gif[/img]

Exocet your options and exCalibur8 your sights.